I bought this helmet for my 6 year old (youth small) when we bought a 200CC minibike this spring. Fits perfect and he loves the design (says it looks like a Transformer head). I got the helmet about 3 days after I ordered it just in time for a cool weekend ride in the dirt. The sizing chart worked great as buying online, we could not try them on. I would defenitely recommend this for any young riders.
GMax GM49Y DJ Youth Helmet.
GMAX is excited to introduce our next generation purpose built full-face youth helmets. This all new 49Y Youth helmet is a follow-up to our very successful 39Y youth helmet with an all new modern shell design.
GMax GM49Y Helmet Features
- Superior fitting lightweight youth helmet
- True youth sizes: Youth Small, Youth Medium, and Youth Large
- Youth sized shell and sizing designed for smaller heads
- Dupont Coolmax interior for added performance keeps you dry and comfortable. Coolmax wicks moisture away and dries quickly
- Removable, adjustable interior and cheek pads allow for custom fitting and easy cleaning
- GMax flow through intake/exhaust venting, forehead vents and rear exhaust vents help pull in desired fresh air and removes unwanted hot air
- Screwless, quick change maximum seal shield
- Large eyeport for improved range of vision
- Padded chin strap
- Painted shell with high-tech water decals and high quality clear coat finish
- D.O.T. approved
GMax GM49Y Helmet Sizing
Helmet Sizing Information.We ask that you use the following information to help choose the proper size helmet. In order for a helmet to protect properly and be the most comfortable, it must be size to your head correctly.
To find the Correct size helmet for a person's head:
- Measure the head circumference one-inch above the eyebrows and ears
- Using the circumference measured, use the size chart below to find the approximate size
- Once you have tried on the helmet it should fell snug equally around the head. The helmet should not feel too tight or too loose at any point around head.
*** Please remember that all head shapes vary slightly and that this sizing chart is to be used as a starting guide, not an exact guide.
|Yth S/M, YM||49-50cm||19-11/16"-20-1/16"||6-1/4-6-3/8|
|Yth L/XL, YL,XXs||51-52cm||20-7/16"-20-7/8"||6-1/2-6-5/8|