I love these boots so much! They are cute and will match whatever I wear while riding my Vespa. It gets very hot where I live, in summer. I only wish I had purchased a white armored jacket instead of black. The boots did not require breaking in; they were comfy the first time I wore them. Once I am more experienced riding my scooter I will wear them with shorts and maybe even a sundress. It's not a cute look to protect your body, but I enjoy all the things I do that require feet, so it's non-negotiable and I'm glad for this functional and fun fashionable option.
Alpinestars S-MX 5 Boots
List Price: $239.95
Sale Price: $239.95
Alpinestars S-MX 5 Boots.
Color: Black, Red/Black, Blue/Black, White/Black
Material: Micro fiber & Polyamide
- Get all-around protection and performance
- Durable, high-tech micro fiber upper offers a high-level of flexibility
- Double-injected PU shields the skin, ankle, toe and heel from impact while keeping abrasion minimal
- Inner features a double-injected panel that connects to the heel counter, is hidden beneath the outer shell and runs up the outer ankle
- Polyamide lining is quick drying and also laminated with open-cell foam and high-density, contoured padding for impact absorption in the foot area
- Innovative air vents at the ankle, heel and forefoot are covered with a specially designed mesh that allows the rider's foot to breathe while keeping moisture out
- Large "throat" profile and Achilles flex bellows deliver optimal flex and comfort
- MTP mesh liner works with the anatomical, removable PU foam foot bed to keep the foot cool and comfortable
- Inner side entry system features an elastic mounted zipper with an extra-wide hook-and-loop flap to deliver a comfortable and custom fit along with a wide opening for easy access
- Exclusive compound rubber sole uses structured shank reinforcement for added support to the arch area
- Interchangeable, bi-injected PU toe slider included with snap-in assembly
- Waterproof boot features a waterproof inner liner to keep feet dry in wet weather
How To Measure for Alpinestars Boots and Shoes
- Order in accordance with your normal shoe size
- Refer to the conversion chart below to convert from US to Euro sizes
Most Helpful Reviews :
Comfortable out of the box and they look great. The quick attach/detach toe sliders are a bonus. Sizing is spot on.
The Alpinestars S-MX 5’s are an excellent choice for the sport, sport touring and occasional track day rider that is looking for a high quality boot at a mid level price with all of the features and quality typical from Alpinestars. The uppers are made of a high tensile strength microfiber material with finished panel edges and double stitched seams. These boots are available in six different colorways, including this white black and red, but if you want anything but all black or all white you better hurry, many of the sizes in the colorful models are already selling out. As an additional option, the all black colorway is also available in a vented or perforated version.
If we start at the front of the boot, we have a reinforced toe box with a shifter pad and this unique toe slider. Most sliders are screw-in type if they’re replaceable. The screw-in type work well, but it can be very difficult to extract the screws if you let the pucks wear into the screw head. The sliders on these S-MX 5’s snap into place, and can be easily removed at any time by simply prying on the rear edge of the slider then pushing the slider toward the front of the boot. As we go up the foot we see the first of four areas of injected ventilation, and what Alpine calls flex bellows that improve your foot’s mobility and comfort. On the shin, you can see the double injected polyurethane armor that features the second vent.
As we go back down the lateral side of the boot we can see the vented external ankle protector. There’s also protection here that you can’t see. There is a hidden polyurethane panel that is connected to the heel counter, and travels up to protect the ankle. If you look at the back of the boot, you can see more of the flex bellows like we saw on the instep, nestled between the calf armor and the vented heel protection.
On the medial side of the boot, you will find the boot’s side entry system. If you unfasten the full length hook and loop flap, you can see the YKK zipper with a Velcro pull tab. This setup is unique in that the zipper is mounted to elastic panels, so the boot can have a very precise fit and still be easy to get on and off. If you look inside the boot, you can see the moisture wicking liner and the perforated replaceable insole.
Finally, let’s take a look at the outsole. The sole of the S-MX 5’s is very rigid. The compound used is very dense for shock absorption, and it is reinforced with a shank.
All in all, the Alpinestars S-MX 5 street riding boots are an excellent choice for the rider looking for a high level sport boot at mid-level pricing.