Alpinestars Overland Gloves.
The Alpinestars Overland Gloves are the perfect option for the motorcycle rider that doesn’t let Mother Nature slow them down. This motorcycle glove is 100% waterproof using the Alpinestars DryStar ® liner, and this glove allows you the option to wear it over or under you jacket sleeve with its gauntlet styled cuff. It also has the ability to be used with your smartphone and other touchscreen devices.
Color: Black or Yellow
Reflective Inserts: Yes
- Technical, 100% waterproof Drystar glove, offering breathability and comfort, designed to be worn over or under jackets sleeves
- Leather and textile construction
- TPU knuckle protector covered by leather outer surface
- Accordion stretch inserts on thumb, index and middle fingers for superior fit and feeling
- New easy in/out lining with thermal back hand and reduced palm for improved grip and comfort
- Full top surface and fourchette thermal insulation
- Alpinestars patented finger-bridge prevents finger separation and stops protection twisting around the little finger in the event of a slide
- Leather palm construction with leather reinforcement panels
- Retro reflective detailing for improved night visibility
- TPR finger stylus for use with bike navigation systems
How To Measure for Alpinestars Gloves
- Palm: Measure across your palm, starting above the base of your thumb, keeping the tape horizontal, obtaining the widest measurement of you hand
- Refer to the conversion chart below
|Alpha Size||Measurement||Numeric Size|
|X-Small||2 1/8-2 5/8"||7|
|Small||2 5/8-3 1/8"||8|
|Medium||3 1/8-3 5/8"||9|
|Large||3 5/8-4 1/8"||10|
|X-Large||4 1/8-4 5/8"||11|
|XX-Large||4 5/8-5 1/8"||12|
These Alpinestars Overland Drystar gloves are a great option for the rider looking for the style and protection of a sportier glove, in a comfortable waterproof touring package. These gloves have a combination textile and leather construction, so you have the protection of leather in the high impact areas of the glove, combined with the light weight of textile material in the balance of the chassis.
Protection also comes in the way of a leather covered TPU protector across the knuckles on the top of the hand. The Overland’s waterproof capabilities come from a proprietary Drystar membrane. This membrane works in the same fashion as Gore Tex, but with just a tad less breathability. These gloves are available in two colorways including all black and this high viz, and in sizes small through triple extra-large. The fit is very European, and herefore very snug. Snug enough in fact that I would probably recommend going up a size if you are used to a more American cut. I typically wear a medium, and you can see that my thumb, here, is a little bit restricted. A restricted thumb leads to fatigue, and will make your hand and arm sore pretty quick into a ride. Also, the insulation can’t do as good of a job if it is fully compressed. It needs some room to trap heat properly. So, again, a size up from
your normal glove size is probably a good idea. This Overland Drystar Glove is feature plentiful. You have soft leather panels throughout the top of the
hand, and on the palm and fingers. The palm and the outside of the hand are then reinforced with additional leather panels and padding, for added abrasion resistance and shock absorption. Also on the palm side, you can see the flex panels throughout the thumb, and the Velcro safety strap with reflective Astars text. Covering the strap is a leather pull tab that makes getting the gloves on easy, and here you can see the adjustable gauntlet. This soft gauntlet style is very versatile because it can be worn either inside or outside of the cuff of your jacket sleeve, depending on the weather conditions.
If you flip the glove over, you can see an additional accordion style stretch panel on the thumb side of the hand, and the reflective piping on the top of the gauntlet. The fingers have additional padding, and a bridge to secure the pinky to the ring finger. This feature is designed to minimize the potential for serious injury to the pinky in a crash. Also for added protection, are these reflective panels in the fingers, and the reflective Astars logo to increase visibility. For added mobility, they have added additional flex panels to the index and dramatic expression fingers. Finally, to help you manage your mobile devices, Alpine stars has added a small Stylus to the tip of the index finger. It’s important to note, though, that this Stylus in non-conductive, so it will only work on resistive type touch screens like those found on