I ordered the Cortech Scarab gloves after finding them at the local bike shop. They were the only brand at that store which ran large enough for my long fingers and were of quality construction. The armor seems sufficient for casual riding. Jafrum has a very competitive price and I was also able to use my "bucks" from previous purchases, which was sweet. Quick delivery as well.
Cortech Scarab Winter Gloves.
Cortech Gloves Features
- Aniline drum-dyed goatskin palm with abrasion-resistant, titanium/carbon protection panels
- Schoeller Dry Skin Keprotech in the palm patch with titanium/carbon covered padding
- 3MThinsulate100gm insulation
- Molded titanium/carbon knuckle, finger and wrist protection panels
- Pre-curved palm and fingers for form-fitting comfort
- Large gauntlet cuff with a leather closure flap that incorporates a titanium/carbon protection patch
- Soft brushed fleece interior lining
Cortech Gloves Sizing
|2.5 In||3 In||3.5 In||4 In||4.5 In||5 In||5.5 In|
|Ladies Small||Ladies Medium||Ladies Large||-||-||-||-|
|Size 7||Size 8||Size 9||Size 10||Size 11||Size 12||Size 13|
Most Helpful Reviews :
Wow these gloves are great for the very cold and damp mornings. I really appreciate the functionality without it being too bulky. It's also excellent that there's additional velcro at the forearm making the gauntlet style wider to fit over my jacket and be able to strap it shut, thus not allowing any cold air to get in. Very awesome. These gloves are great for as low as 20 degrees riding temp.
I've had these gloves for two winters now going on three. They run true to size very durable. The wrist strap closure could be a bit longer.
The protection for these gloves is well placed and seems adequate; but I'm not going to test that willingly. The coldest I've used these is the low 40's so far and my fingers were chilly but not frozen. Speaking of, fits well around the hand but they are a little too tight around the fingers for liners. The lining is soft & comfortable. Improvements could be made with more padding under the large knuckle protection and a little more pre-curve in the glove.