The fit was consistent with the size chart, the finish and interior are excellent. Overall function and appearance are of a much higher priced helmet. I am very impressed and happy with this helmet
AFX FX-39DS Multi Dual Sport Helmet.
AFX FX-39 with its Aerodynamic shell design, is extremely lightweight. You will have better visibility through the optically correct, compound-curved shield while not worrying about the heat with its nine points of ventilation. This AFX helmet meets or exceeds both ECE 22.05 and DOT FMVSS-218 motorcycle helmet safety standards.
AFX FX-39DS Helmet Features
- Hypo-allergenic and antimicrobial nylon liner and cheek pads, all of which are removable and washable
- Optically correct, compound-curved, scratch-resistant and protects against UV-rays
- Flip-up, flush fit, quick-release shield can be used with or without the visor (includes side cover kit for shield-only use)
- Shield can be removed for open-face riding or goggle use
- Ample ear cavity space for speakers
- Advanced ventilation system with chin, side, rear and forehead vents
- A clear coat finish to protect pant and graphics
- DOT and ECE 22.05 certified
AFX FX-39DS Helmet Sizing
HOW TO DETERMINE YOUR CORRECT AFX HELMET SIZE.
1. MEASURE YOUR HEAD. Determine the circumference of the widest part of your head by using a flexible tape measure. Generally, the widest part of a person's head is the area 2.5 cm (1") above the eyes and ears. However, we suggest measuring at a few points both above and below that line to determine the greatest measurement before referring to our size tables. We also suggest testing the fit of a helmet one size smaller and one size larger then what the chart recommends. No helmet can provide protection if it's too uncomfortable to wear. If you would like further detailed instructions on how to determine your correct size please look at our AFX Helmet Fitting Guide.
|X-Small||54-55cm||6 3/4-6 7/8||21 1/4"-21 5/8"|
|Small||56-57cm||7-7 1/8||22"-22 7/16"|
|Medium||58-59cm||7 1/4-7 3/8||22 13/16"-23 1/4"|
|Large||60-61cm||7 1/2-7 5/8||23 5/8"-24"|
|X-Large||62-63cm||7 3/4-7 7/8||24 3/8"-24 13/46"|
|2X-Large||64-65cm||8-8 1/8||25 3/16"-25 5/8"|
|3X-Large||66-67cm||8 1/4-8 3/8||26"-26 3/8"|
|4X-Large||68-69cm||8 1/2-8 5/8||26 3/4"-27 1/8"|
Most Helpful Reviews :
Great helmet but check your sizing. AFX seems to run just a tad large. Otherwise this a good value for the money
Hello, I'm very happy with the product arrived perfect, thank you very much.
Helmet fit was right on. Somewhat quiet and good airflow for the price. A little tight for my Silhouette glasses but it works with regular framed glasses. I Highly Recommend.
I bought one of these about a year ago and loved it so much, I just bought a second one (for when a friend rides my spare dual sport bike). The look, fit and function of this helmet is outstanding, and the price is even better. Great helmet with great features that greatly exceed the performance expectations for that low price. And to top it off, FREE shipping! Just can't find a better buy out there for your dual sport helmet needs. I highly recommend this helmet.
I really liked this helmet. PROS: It was nice to Close it up when riding the highway between dirt roads. Great to have the quick change options while riding. Comfortable fit, quick release chin strap. CONS: started to get a bit foggy inside when temps dropped below 50 and speed below 40 mph. With shield closed, motor noise awareness seemed to increase. With screen up, visibility is impaired slightly. Overall, I am glad I got it. Great options.
Great fit and is very comfortable, but when riding in warmer weather at slower speed in the woods there is no air flow at all with the shield down. It gets hot and foggy very fast.