Shoei X-12 Daijiro Memorial Helmet
List Price: $839.99
Sale Price: $497.95
You save: $342 (41%)
Shoei X-12 Daijiro Memorial Helmet.
This Shoei X-Twelve is a memorial helmet dedicated to Daijiro Kato, who lost his life in a high speed crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan in April of 2003. This helmet is a replica of the design that Daijiro was wearing during his time in MOTO GP and represents the 10 year anniversary of his passing.
Whether you are into Racing or a casual blast around you city or town, the X-12 is the helmet for you. The X-12 was born from racing for racing. The X-12 demonstrates SHOEI has listened, not only to racers, but everyday riders as well. Form the venting system, the Q.R.S.A. (quick release self-adjusting) base plate system that allows you to change your shield on the fly, dual-layer EPS liner, emergency quick release system all the way down to the chin curtain. So to sum it all up, if you are looking for the best of the best when it comes to a motorcycle helmet for racing or for just casual riding, look no further, the SHOEI X-12 has everything you need plus some!
Shoei X-12 Helmet Features
- Born July 4th, 1976, Kato lived to race.
- 1979 - First racing experience on pocket-bikes
- 1985 - Japanese pocket-bike champion
- 1988/1991 - Japanese minibike champion
- 1997 - First overall in the Japanese Championship as a offical HRC team rider, 250cc class; winner of the Japanese GP race, Suzuka, as a wild card in the 250cc class
- 2001 - 250cc World Champion, Team Telefonica Movistar
- 2002 - Seventh overll in the MotoGp class, Team Fortuna Honda Gresini, and "Rookie of the Year"; winner, "8 Hours of Susuka"
In April of 2003, Kato lost his life in a high speed crash during the first race of the Moto GP Series, held at his home track, the Suzuka Circuit in Japan.
The demands that a world-class racer puts on his or her equipment may be second to none, but that hasn't stopped SHOEI from producing a pure racing helmet that can also meet the needs of today’s performance-driven enthusiasts. Born from racing, the X-Twelve combines integral feedback from professional racers around the globe with SHOEI’s 50 years of helmet building experience, the very latest in technology, and the most advanced materials known to man. Track certified by the fastest riders on the planet, the X-Twelve’s innovative features unite to form the most progressive racing helmet on the market.
- Aerodynamic Shell Design
- Q.R.S.A. (Quick Release Self-Adjusting) Base Plate System
- CW-1 Shield
- AIM+ Shell Construction (Snell M2010-Approved)
- 5 Shell Sizes
- Aero Edge 2 Spoiler
- Ventilation System
- Dual-Layer EPS Liner
- 3D Max Dry Interior System
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick Release System)
- Chin Curtain
- Breath Guard
- 5-Year Warranty
Shoei Helmet Parts & Accessories :
- Breath Guard (Included)
- Chin Curtain (Included)
- Maintenance Kit (Included)
- Nylon Drawstring Helmet Bag (Included)
Shoei Helmet Shields :
If you need replacement Shoei Helmet Shields please use the following item names :
Shoei X-12 Helmet Sizing
To find the correct size helmet for a person's head:
1. Measure the head circumference one-inch above the eyebrows and ears
2. Using the circumference measured, use the size chart below to find the approximate size
3. Once you have tried on the helmet it should feel snug equally around the head. The helmet should not feel too tight or too loose at any point around head.
***Please remember that all head shapes vary slightly and that this sizing chart is to be used as a starting guide, not an exact guide.
|XS||6 5/8-6 3/4||53-54||20 7/8-21 1/4|
|S||6 7/8-7||55-56||21 5/8-22|
|M||7 1/8-7 1/4||57-58||22 1/2-22 7/8|
|L||7 3/8-7 1/2||59-60||23 1/4-23 5/8|
|XL||7 5/8-73/4||61-62||24-24 3/8|
|XXL||7 7/8-8||63-64||24 3/4-25 1/8|
The X-12 is Shoei's top of the line road racing helmet. It has an Aim+ shell construction, a dual density vent channeled EPS liner, and one of the best shield systems on the planet. Daijiro Kato was an incredible racing talent that passed away after a crash during a race at the Suzuka Circuit in April of 2003. He sustained severe head, neck, and chest injuries when he struck a foam barrier at over 125 mph. Much has changed in the way of safety gear technology, track design, and the methods used for helping an injured rider as a result of crashes like Daijiro's. This helmet graphic is in his honor and available in three color ways; a red yellow and blue, this high viz yellow and blue, and a silver gray and blue version. This graphic is very sharp and features a great deal of subtle detail. The silver areas have a fine metal flake added and there is a circuit board motif covering the helmet. Daijiro's racing number 74 is featured on the spoiler and the back has a cartoon depicting Kato's racing stare. Daijiro Kato's body may have been given back to the earth, but his racing legend lives on with the Daijiro Memorial graphic on the Shoei X-12 helmet.