I just started riding and this is the first helmet I bought. I didn't want to spend alot of money till I was sure that I was going to like it. Well I do and I still don't think that I will replace this one with a more expensive one. It's very comfortable and very nice looking!! I can wear it year round.
AFX FX-42 Flat Pink Vine Pilot Helmet.
AFX FX-42 with its Aerodynamic shell design, is extremely lightweight and you will have better visibility through the optically correct, compound-curved shield. This AFX helmet meets or exceeds both ECE 22.05 and DOT FMVSS-218 motorcycle helmet safety standards.
AFX FX-42 Helmet Features
- An aerodynamic shell design constructed using an advanced lightweight composite poly-alloy
- A helmet liner and cheek pads made with a hypo-allergenic and anti-microbial nylon
- A flush-fit, quick-release, single-turn screw face shield with side covers. The shield itself is optically correct, compound-curved, scratch-resistant and protects against UV-rays
- A square type D-ring with chin strap holder
- A clear coat finish to protect paint & graphics
AFX FX-42 Helmet Sizing
HOW TO DETERMINE YOUR CORRECT AFX HELMET SIZE.
1. MEASURE YOUR HEAD. Determine the circumference of the widest part of your head by using a flexible tape measure. Generally, the widest part of a person's head is the area 2.5 cm (1") above the eyes and ears. However, we suggest measuring at a few points both above and below that line to determine the greatest measurement before referring to our size tables. We also suggest testing the fit of a helmet one size smaller and one size larger then what the chart recommends. No helmet can provide protection if it's too uncomfortable to wear. If you would like further detailed instructions on how to determine your correct size please look at our AFX Helmet Fitting Guide.
|X-Small||54-55cm||6 3/4-6 7/8||21 1/4"-21 5/8"|
|Small||56-57cm||7-7 1/8||22"-22 7/16"|
|Medium||58-59cm||7 1/4-7 3/8||22 13/16"-23 1/4"|
|Large||60-61cm||7 1/2-7 5/8||23 5/8"-24"|
|X-Large||62-63cm||7 3/4-7 7/8||24 3/8"-24 13/46"|
|2X-Large||64-65cm||8-8 1/8||25 3/16"-25 5/8"|
|3X-Large||66-67cm||8 1/4-8 3/8||26"-26 3/8"|
|4X-Large||68-69cm||8 1/2-8 5/8||26 3/4"-27 1/8"|
Most Helpful Reviews :
I am giving this a three, just because it had to be heavily worked on to make it accept a headset. Also, the liner which they said you could just pull out to wash etc. Now does not stay in place when you put it back. This helmet as advertised is a great helmet for weight, or lack of weight. I have gone through 5 helmets for my wife trying to get one that did not cause her massive pain in the neck from weighing too much. This one is great. She loves the helmet, I cannot stress that enough with only giving it a 3 star rating. If I was only judging weight, fit and comfort it would be a 5 star. But the problems with putting in a head set and making things work took away my enthusiasm.
Just an F.Y.I. Please include that Your helmets COME WITH Visors. I wasn't sure if this came with one. Almost was The deciding factor !! Just an F.Y.I.
very beautiful Helmet
Love my new helmet! Not to heavy and is comfortable. Only worn it once but it was on a day long ride. Is true to size. Love the color too. Would purchase again.