Scorpion EXO-R2000 Helmet.
The EXO-R2000 was developed by Scorpion’s team of engineers in conjunction with Scorpion’s stable of sponsored riders in the premier MotoGP™ race circuit for real race feedback and direction over the last 2 years. It is Scorpion’s most dedicated foray to date in developing a world class race helmet designed for the most prestigious racing circuits in the world, yet built for the everyday rider.
Scorpion EXO-R2000 Helmet Features
- TCT™ Composite Shell : Developed exclusively by Scorpion, the revolutionary TCT™ (Thermodynamic Composite Technology) process consists of a proprietary 5 layer blend of interlaced and specially formulated fiberglass, Aramid and organic poly-resin fibers.
- 4 Shell Sizes : To optimize weight, fitment, and comfort. The R2000 is built with 4 shell sizes and 6 EPS liners. Providing you a true MotoGP™ developed race helmet.
- EverClear® No Fog Faceshield : Optically-clear shield with state-of-the art fog free technology. Anti-Scratch hardened coating. 100% UV protection (Clear shield standard, free dark smoke shield included)
- Pinlock® 100% Max vision® : Pinlock® 100% Max Vision® ensures a 100% fog free vision. The anti-fog insert lens is placed in the ScorpionEXO® 2D flat race shield w/tear-off posts, providing maximum visibility (optional accessory)
- AirFit® Liner Inflation System : Inflatable cheek pad system for superior personalized fit.
- KwikWick 2® Liner Fabric : KwikWick 2® anti-microbial fabric keeps you cool and dry in warm weather, warm in cool weather Liner is easily removable and washable.
- KwikFit™ : Kwikfit™ cheekpads allow easy on and off of the most common styles of eye glasses
- Quiet Neck Roll : Designed to reduce noise and excess wind within the helmet
- Ellip-Tec™ Ratchet System : Easy, Secure, tool-less faceshield changes in seconds. Pulls the shield back against the eyeport gasket during closing to ensure a proper seal.
- Aero-Tuned Ventilation : Six intake ports across the front of helmet force cool air in while ten exhaust vents maximize movement of hot air out.
- FaceShield Lock/Vent System : Securely locks shield in place or turn down the lever to allow light airflow into the helmet
- Emergency Release System : Tabs located under the neck roll allow easy removal of the cheek pads by trained emergency medical personnel.
- Meets or exceeds Snell M2010 and DOT certifications
Scorpion EXO-R2000 Helmet Sizing
The first step in the fitting process is to measure around your head at the temple above the eye brow. See the placement of the measuring tape.
These are guidelines, a starting point, visit your dealer for assistance in selecting a proper fit.
|XS||53-54 cm||20 7/8-21 1/4||6 5/8-6 3/4|
|SM||55-56 cm||21 5/8-22||6 7/8-7|
|MD||57-58 cm||22 7/16-22 3/4||7 1/8-7 1/4|
|LG||59-60 cm||23 1/8-23 5/8||7 3/8-7 1/2|
|XL||61-62 cm||24-24 3/8||7 5/8-7 3/4|
|2XL||63-64 cm||24 3/4-25 3/16||7 7/8-8|
|3XL||65-66 cm||25 9/16-26||8 1/8-81/4|
The R2000 is a giant leap forward for Scorpion. They have built this helmet around a new TCT shell. TCT, or thermoplastic composite technology consists of a specially formulated combination of fiberglass, Kevlar, and organic poly resin, giving this helmet a very strong, very lightweight construction. The R2000 weighs in at just over 3 lbs, which is incredibly light for a helmet with features like a pump to fit system, a separate neck curtain, and a spoiler.
Scorpion didn't cut any corners on this helmet. Most helmets manufactures use three shell sizes to cover as many as 9 different helmet sizes. Different thicknesses of padding are used to create different sized helmets within the different shell sizes. To ensure accurate fitment, the R2000 is built with four shell sizes and six EPS liners. That's right. Instead of just changing the padding thickness, scorpion changes the thickness of the EPS itself. Add Scorpion's Airfit pump system, and you have a helmet that is going to fit well on almost any head.
The R-2000 comes in four solid colors and three graphics, all of which you can check out on our website. Check out our graphic videos to see these helmet designs in detail.
The Scorpion R2000's shell is incredibly aerodynamic. The faceshield design, neck curtain, and spoiler work together to provide the perfect amount of negative lift, making this helmet quiet and stable. While it is can be used in any riding position, it is optimized for the ¾ tuck or full tuck race position.
The new Everclear face shield on the R2000 is the same shield that is found on the R410 and is anti-scratch, anti-fog, and optically correct. This helmet comes with a standard clear shield and a dark smoke shield as well. Pinlock is an available option that provides additional fog resistance and quick shield color change.
The Ellip-Tec ratchet system on the R2000 is completely new. This tool-less system allows for quick shield changes and pulls the shield against the eyeport gasket during closure for a tight seal.