Icon 1000 Outsider Convertible Jacket.
ICON has been the leader in ‘convertible’ jackets since their inception. Icon's convertible platform allows the wearer to either run a full-length riding jacket for maximum coverage or zip off the leather forearms for a ‘shorty’ style jacket. The actual construction process of the Icon 1000 Outsider jacket is as unique as the rider who wears it. To start, the Outsider jacket is completely assembled to verify both fit and function. The jacket is then painstakingly disassembled into its denim and leather base materials. The 14 oz. denim panels receive a proprietary wash, texture, coating, thereby acquiring the unique resin finish. The jacket is then reassembled, stitch for stitch, to form the finished product. Once reassembled the Outsider is fitted out with a full complement of D3O CE certified armor: back, shoulders, and elbows. A removable insulated vest liner is added, as well as the multitude of custom trims and badging. The Outsider jacket: letting those who ride, decide.
Icon 1000 Outsider Convertible Jacket Features
- Icon Sport Fit - a sophisticated cut without being restrictive
- Resin coated denim chassis for waxed look without the mess
- 1.1-1.3mm Antique finished drum dyed Brazilian cowhide sleeves and trim
- Zip-off leather sleeves allow conversion from jacket to shorty style
- Tape on top YKK® black oxide finished tactical metal zippers with custom pulls
- D30® CE certified elbow and shoulder protectors (removable)
- D30® Viper CE Certified Back Protector (Removable)
- Snapback banded leather collar and lower zipper flap cover
- Bi-fold action back and mechanical elbow articulation panel
- Removable satin vest liner with numerous interior cargo, slash, and zippered pockets
- Strategically placed laser perforation for ventilation
Icon 1000 Outsider Convertible Jacket Sizing
Jacket Sizing Information.There are three variables to consider when sizing an ICON jacket. The first two are the chest and sleeve measurements, which are what your jacket size is based on. The third is the jacket fit type, which defines the "cut" of the jacket (Attack, Sport, or Relaxed). Instructions, sizing charts and jacket fit details can be found below. Chest Measurement.While standing with your arms relaxed at your side, wrap a flexible tape measure around your chest at its largest point. The tape measure should go through your armpit and stay parallel with the floor while taking the measurement Sleeve Measurement Instructions.While standing with your arms relaxed at your side, place one end of a flexible tape measure on your spine at the base of your neck. Measure over the top of your shoulder, down over the point of your elbow, and finish at the wrist bone.