This jacket is da bomb. Amazing what a difference it makes to be warm.
First Gear Heated 90-Watt Jacket Liner
List Price: 199.95
Sales Price: $199.95
First Gear Heated 90-Watt Jacket Liner
Item Code: FirstGearHeatedJLM90
- Available in 90-watt and 65-watt versions.
- Designed to be plugged into a DC power source. Heat-trollers™ provide you with multiple ways to control the heat output in your heated gear. Exclusive dual-zone heating system allows you to use the single or the dual Heat-Troller™ without rewiring the liner. The liner is rated at 110 watts at 12.8 volts.
- Designed to be worn over a single layer of clothing like the TPG Basegear, a t-shirt or other lightweight garment. A protective outer jacket should always be worn over it
- Built to be temperature neutral, so that you can wear your liner all day and not have to change clothing when you need heat.
- Lightweight soft nylon shell for minimum bulk, non-coated finish for maximum breathability.
- Form fitting, snug fit for optimum heat transfer to body.
- Heating pads on front, upper and lower back, sleeves and collar for full heat coverage.
- Integrated glove plugs and pants plug stow in their own zippered pockets when not in use.
- Flex panels and action back allow a full range of movement for any activity.
- Fleece inner collar to wick away moisture.
- 8" zipper for pant attachment
- Packs into its own included zippered pouch.
- 1-year limited warranty on liners–lifetime warranty on wiring.
This FirstGear Heated Jacket Liner requires a heat troller (sold separately). You must purchase at minimum a single heat troller for this item. Gloves will attach to the liner with no additional troller required as long as you do not wish to set the gloves and jacket liner at different temperatures. Trollers can be mounted or not to the bike depending on troller purchased. A remote for heat control is also available. BMW riders will most likely have to purchase a converter for power. The power for these items comes directly from the bike which you must install. If preferred, you can purchase a portable battery pack with optional a/c adapter (case optional as well). Splitters may be purchased to connect an additional rider to the power source from the bike.
Please measure the circumference of your chest using a cloth tape measure and add 1" if the measurement is an odd number to get to the next even number and choose your size from the chart below.Please note all measurements are in inches.
Men's Chest Inches (cm)
Waist Inches (cm)
Sleeve Inches (cm)
Most Helpful Reviews :
This is a gift for my Husband, so we'll need to wait till Christmas to see how he likes it.
As you can tell, I bought the whole outfit, the cost made me take three days to finally hit submit. It was worth every dollar for the outfit. First gear is the way to GO!!!! And Jafrum at least gives you bucks for your purchase. And their prices are comparable to sites that give you nothing in return for the cost!!!!!!!!
Great jacket but runs a little small.
It's worth getting everything, I got the First Gear Heat Gloves, First Gear Heated Pant Liner, First Gear Heated 90 Watt Jacket Liner, and a Dual Remote Control Heat Troller Kit. Pricy but very comfortable. So Far I drove in 37 degree weather and windy. Well worth the investment.
So I just wore the pants , with the jacket liner and the carbon gloves for the first time ! All heated up in about 5 min ! It does keep you nice and warm , think of it like a heating pad around your chest , legs and hands . About 30min into the ride though I noticed that my heat was gone and the lights on the control was out . I stopped and had to take a look at the battery and found that the 15a fuse on the control had melted :-/ I will be riding tomorrow for a couple hours and hope this doesn't happen again ... It does have me concerned and that is why I say 4 stars ..
The older I got, my tolerance for cold weather riding diminished considerably, cutting my riding time to 50 degree days and running for th' barn when the sun went down. Thanks, Jafrum, for setting me FREE again. My First Gear 90-Watt jacket liner keeps me WARM and TOASTY with plenty of heat to spare and was the best value of any other site, INCLUDING free shipping. Saving my 'chips' for the whole outfit that somehow, didn't make it into my XMAS stocking.
"For the comfort and safety during winter riding, it is worth paying for winter gear. I love firstgear's heated clothing. Bought the gloves too."