Comment: Ordered this on Sunday night - received it Wednesday afternoon...that's only the start. Very solid construction and heavy zippers. The 'top roll bag' in the description...Its not pictured above and it is nice. Pockets, pockets, and oh yeah...pockets. Not to sure about the velco adjustable shelf, but it looks adequate for now...even if the velcro wears out, this bag is freakin warehouse on a sissybar so get yours now! ROADTRIP!!!!
Great bag, great price!
Comment: Great quality, better than expected, lots of space, measurements listed are for the main bag not including the roll bag. Cover fits nicely and has a great little spot on top of the bag to tuck it away for easy access. Zippers are nylon, so use care when zipping the main compartment around the edges, but generally well built and well worth the price. Pockets on the outside are pretty deep and easily fit my rain gear. When I did the live chat to ask a question, the person wasn't able to tell me if the bag measurements included the roll bag, but I took a chance and ordered it anyway. I had looked at similar products from another manufacturer that were pretty much the same, but twice the price, so very happy with this item. When used on the luggage rack/sissy bar it attached easily, and has a bunch of D rings on the back side of it to attach additional bags/items that you may want to carry on the seat, like a sleeping bag or duffle (not that you need one with all the main bag space), or use it to quickly stash your jacket. I carry all of my camping gear in this along with a weekend's worth of clothing and it works perfectly. As usual, Jafrum was easy to work with, delivered on time, and I will continue to order from them in the future. Highly recommended!
Comment: I purchased one of these bags for myself and everyone that has seen it thought it was great. I have purchased another and it is being raffled off in a fundraiser for our local 'Biker's Church' and the ticket purchases have been terrific. This is a very well made and perfectly priced Biker item. Jafrum and this bag are highly recommended.
P.O. Box 6086 - Paris, Texas 75461
The SB34 Sissy Bar Luggage Review
Comment: Wow. I ordered this on Wednesday and it was on my porch Friday! The sales rep I spoke with was very friendly and helpful. I LOVE this bag. The open sides beat my old top loading luggage...no more digging for what you want and the shelf is just an added organizational bonus! It has pockets front, sides, and inside. It's got enough straps and velcro to attach to ANYTHING...even has removable backpack straps. I love to travel and actually wore out my last bag. I can not wait to start again next year with this thing. Can't say that I've ever gotten excited about luggage before but I'm extremely happy with this purchase. I did the Amazon and Ebay searches and for the product, you can not beat this price. Don't bother to hesitate...just buy it!
Great Product on first impression
Comment: I have yet to use it. It looks really good, has a bunch of storage and my wife likes that she can now bring more shoes with us when we go on weekend trips. I now get a whole saddle bag for myself, I am unsure what to put in there and I am positive that it will be short lived, but for right now I have all this space for my stuff. My wife has the ability to pack things that I never knew could be packed or even should be placed in the vicinity of my Harley. I seem to buy more things for my bike that are for my wife than I do for my benefit. But like the old proverb says, " If mamma ain't happy, ain't no body happy.".
Okay, Pros and Cons
- This thing is huge, you could pack a small child in it. If you are single, you could probably pack your entire wardrobe in this thing plus leave room for a case of beer and a weeks rations. If you are married, you will fee up some room in a saddle bag for tools. But get that space filled. If your wife is like mine she will make sure every nook and cranny is filled.
- Tie down rings. It is full of them. You could probably strap this thing to the wing of an airplane just with what come on it and it wont go any where.
- Comes with a rain cover. Nice touch, it is just a large bag that is water proof, but what else do you need. I used to use garbage sacks, so this is a step up for me.
- Carrying handles look well reinforced and look like they will hold up really well. I an not sure the ease of taking it off and on my bike. But the snow will be gone soon and I will know soon enough.
- The Velcro shelf on the in side. I am not sure how well it will hold up, It look alright but I am not impressed with it. The Velcro straps that are on it look like they were put on wrong. And this could just be me, but how I would have set it up would to have been to bear the load from underneath not the top of the shelf. I am just not 100% in agreement with this design, could have done something a little different. But for the price, it is a great deal.
- The sissy bar pad pocket. It looks like I am going to have to do something for my wife for comfort when I put this over the back rest. It does not look comfortable at all, but I have yet to put in on my bike. I may change my mind about it. But this is just my first impression. Also, I had to buy a taller sissy bar. I had an 8" and with the size of this bag, I needed something taller to stabilize it. My wife also wanted something a little taller and with a wider back pad on it. So I guess it was also a justified purchase. But that goes back to making momma happy.
So with all that said, I really like it with first impressions, and only time will tell if it is as good as it looks. Got to use and abuse it before I know if I really like it. At this point I would recommend this sissy-bar bag to any one who wants more storage with out adding a whole new back seat, rest, and or completely new bike. I wont give it a 5 start rating until I use it.
The SB34 is constructed mainly of durable polynylon with PVC accents on the
pocket flaps. It is available in a plain or studded version and includes a
complementary roll bag and a rain cover. This thing is large. With the roll bag
installed, this box trailer of a sissy bar bag measures 28 x 16 x 11 inches but
is still very stable when properly mounted. Don't forget to double check the
weight capacity of your luggage rack when loading up for a trip. This luggage
system could easily hold 20 -- 30 lbs of gear or more and most luggage racks
aren't designed for that much weight. If you are over the limit, you can always
spin the bag around and rest it on the seat, as long as your passenger doesn't
mind taking the bus. Mounting this system is easy and the multitude of straps
and tie points offer a ton of mounting versatility. The first thing to do when
mounting is to unclip this padded flap and pull it up out of the way. You can
then unfasten these hook and loop straps and pull them open. Slide the straps
over the backrest and pull them tight. You don't have to pull them with all your
strength to secure the bag, and if you do you can pull these rivets though the
plastic reinforced wall of the bag, so go easy. Next pull the padded flap down
and fasten the buckle. I like to remove any unused straps like this backpack
strap system or the roll bag's shoulder strap and stow them before I ride. This
helps to reduce buffeting and helps these items last a long time. These
removable straps and buckles can now be fastened and can be used to fasten a
bedroll, a tent, or provide easy access to your raingear. Access to the top roll
is through this zippered side door. Removing this top roll gives access to this
small pocket that is perfect for stowing the complementary rain cover. These
rain covers are not completely waterproof out of the box, but taping the seams
remedies this. I used some packaging tape on one with great success. Just
remember to apply the tape to the inside of the cover or it will look horrible.
Now let's talk about how many places there are to put your stuff with this
setup. There are two large pockets on the front with hidden quick release
buckles. The sides of the pockets have stretch panels on the sides making them
very versatile. There are also to medium quick release pockets on the sides and
two mesh pockets with retention buckles to hold the items in place. The main
compartment of the SB34 is huge and is accessed from either side through these
full height zippered access doors. The insides of the doors feature more mesh
pockets and inside the compartment is an adjustable hook and loop shelf that
moves easily to accommodate different combinations of items.