The bag is very large, I've been able to fit in a full winter suit when I expand the zipper. It also unzips from the magnetic bottom so you can use it as a bookbag. No issues with it scratching the tank. The rain cover keeps it dry even in heavy storms. If you want a really large bag, I recommend this.
Firstgear Onyx Expandable Magnetic Tank Bag.
Firstgear Onyx Tank Bag Features
- RoadTex 1000 denier nylon with PVC coating and UV protection
- Non-slip material on bottom with heavy-duty magnets
- Clear map pocket with hook-and-loop closure
- Adjustable shoulder straps for use as backpack
- Convenient soft-grip carrying handle
- Soft flannel lining to protect valuables
- Mounting base can be used separately as a map holder
- Reflective piping and logo
- Reinforced sidewall
- Zippered mesh pocket inside of the lid plus elastic penholders
- Detachable key holder on inside
- Rain cover and adjustable shoulder strap included
- Additional safety bungee cord provided
Firstgear Onyx Tank Bag Sizing
Compressed: 14"L x 10"W x 8"H / 1,120 c.i.
Expanded: 14"L x 10"W x 11"H / 1540 c.i.
Firstgear Onyx Tank Bag Mounting Instructions
Tank bags come with magnetic, strap, or both options combined. Magnetic tank bags will not work with hard plastic tanks.
Loop rear strap under the seat after removing seat first (refer to your owner’s manual for seat removal)
Loop rear strap under gap underneath seat and connect to tank bag
Loop front straps under steering stem and under top triple clamp and attach to tank bag