These bags are great. I've had mine for about 5 years and have used them on two different bikes (Sporty and Wide Glide). You definitely want some kind of bag supports. I made my own for the Sporty and got a set of Easy Brackets for the Wide Glide.
The bags are roomy enough to stow/carry a half helmet in one and quite a lot of other gear in the other for short trips. They have held up well and been a great addition to both bikes. The rivet that attaches the prong side of the quick buckle goes through the strap so it cannot be moved. If you're looking for a decent bag with a readily adjustable mounting system, got with these. You won't be disappointed.
Saddlemen Drifter Slant Saddlebags Throw-over.
The Saddlemen Drifter Slant Saddlebags Throw-over are available in three sizes. The large is 15.5”L x 9.5”H x 5”D; the Jumbo is 17.5”L x 10.5”H x 6”D. And then there is the Extra Jumbo size for those times when you’ve got a lot to gear to take with you. That bag measures 22”L x 10.5”H x 7”D. As usual, Saddlemen has added some well-thought-out features to these bags. For example, the height of the lid is adjustable, and these bags have also been designed with a quick release and a rear carrying handle so that you can easily take them with you when necessary. These handsome bags, which are crafted from a durable synthetic leather, are slanted so that they work well with dual shock bikes.
Item Code: SaddlemenDrifterSlantTO
Sizes :Large: 15-1/2"L x 9-1/2"H x 5"D
Jumbo: 17-1/2"L x 10-1/2"H x 6"D
Extra Jumbo: 22"L x 10-1/2"H x 7"D
- Clean-styled saddlebags available in Throw-Over or Custom-Fit mounting
- Throw-Over style includes a multi-adjustable yoke which hangs the bags from the fender or seat, and also includes a quick-release bag connection to take off bags without disturbing the yoke or seat and a rear-mounted carry handle
- Custom-Fit style has a strong, smooth backside and no yoke, designed to allow custom mounting to your motorcycle
- Extra-strong plastic back works perfectly with S4 Quick-Disconnect Mounting System
- Made of a durable combination of materials including genuine leather, saddlehyde, chrome-plated brass and tough plastic frame
- All feature chrome-plated buckles and genuine leather straps with lockable, quick-release hidden buckles
- S4 saddlebag support brackets (sold seperately) are strongly recommended