special motorcycle pants is a good idea for safety reasons, but not
always practical nor fun. Many riders prefer to ride with their jeans or
normal trousers, but they offer no protection at all from accidents or
come in. Chaps are, usually leather, a protective layer that you wrap
around your trousers. Since the chaps are made out of thick material, by
wrapping them around your trousers, you will protect your legs from
road-rash in case you go off your motorcycle unexpected, and they will
protect you from the elements (rain, sun) or bugs.
made from different materials:
By far the best choice is
leather. Leather by nature protects you, while giving you flexibility.
Chaps do not really come in gender specific versions, for obvious
reasons, but apart from the materials used, there can be
The biggest differences you may want to note, depending on your
- Pockets, zipped
or velcro'd (deep pockets are a plus)
- Braids & fringes
- Lined (if you plan to use it in the cold weather, lined is a
good idea), preferably removable
- Weather proof
Measuring for Chaps
If you plan to buy chaps on-line, you will need to do some homework
Put on a
typical trouser you would want to wear on a motorcycle ride, often
jeans. Make sure the jeans are not too tight.
measuring tape, preferably a fabric or tailor one, measure your
waist. Write the width down on a piece of paper.
measure the biggest part of your thigh and write that down. If you
want to be comfortable in your chap, you might want to add an inch
or two to your measure.
next part, you light need some help. Measure the inside seam, from
crotch to your ankle, while standing straight. Write that down.
comparing your measures with the store's sizing tables, never use
store sizes that are smaller,.
Best Online .com Store with Discount Motorcycle Gear, Apparel & Biker Leather Clothing.
Motorcycle Dealer with Wholesale Leather Goods and Riding Products. Buy at cheap prices.Jafrum is Upfront
- Available only for FedEx Ground for 48 US contiguous states for retail customers.
- Not available for wholesale / dropship customers (Wholesale or Dropship Customer must select the shipping 'FedEx Ground for Resellers'. If free shipping is selected we will be charging the shipping at the time of order fulfillment)
- Items must be shipped to one address
- Price is before any taxes or additional shipping fees
- Not applicable for orders being shipped to an International address
- If an item is on backorder and you, the customer, or Jafrum cancels the backorder, lowering your subtotal to under $100.00 (or the amount that qualifies for free shipping), shipping and handling will be imposed unless you substitute the backordered/cancelled item to an item that will result in your subtotal, for your entire order, to be at or above $100.00 (or the amount that qualifies for free shipping).