These boots are lite and very comfortable, however they are hotter then all get out. As far as waterproof ?? i didnt really ever soak them in water, however they did keep my feet dry as far creek crossings go. But, there so HOT your feet will sweat wet. I WOuld really LOVE to try the gearne`s !
Alpinestars Scout Waterproof Boots
List Price: $279.95
Sale Price: $199.95
You save: $80 (29%)
Alpinestars Scout Waterproof Boots.
Alpinestars Scout Boots Features
- PU-coated leather construction for durability and abrasion resistance
- Inner boot membrane is 100% waterproof
- Outer and inner ankle protection from innovative, double-injected TPU section with different Durameter (hardness) values and thicknesses to allow protection and flexibility all in one section
- Internal shin reinforcement layered under the layer
- Mesh liner for comfort and breathability
- Removable PE-padded footbed provides shock absorption and impact protection
- Stitched sole has a unique rubber compound for exceptional grip and durability
- Hook-and-loop top flap for adjustable closure
- Three-buckle closure system with micro-adjustable memory system
Alpinestars Scout Boots Sizing
How To Measure for Alpinestars Boots and Shoes
- Order in accordance with your normal shoe size
- Refer to the conversion chart below to convert from US to Euro sizes
Most Helpful Reviews :
These Alpinestars Scout Waterproof boots are perfect for the adventure touring or dual sport rider looking for a mid-priced boot with top of line quality and features. They are a great choice for someone looking for the protection of an offroad boot, but with the casual look of a touring boot, without all of the shiny plastic panels and accents. The upper is constructed of high quality full grain leather, with a very classic, simple design. The medial side of the boot is made from a single panel of leather, which provides the greatest possible tensile strength, but also adds to the super clean look.
They’re available in whole sizes five to thirteen, and the fit is surprisingly relaxed for an Italian made boot. A little extra room is ideal for this style of boot because it allows the rider to wear thick socks in poor weather. In nice weather, you can wear thinner socks and make up for the extra room with a thicker insole.
The heel cup and toebox are heavily reinforced and the ankles are protected by very light plate armor beneath the leather. The shin is also lightly armor protected and features the Astar logo embossed into the leather. I like this light armor protection, especially on longer rides, because you get the impact protection you want without sacrificing all of the boot’s flexibility.
If you open the boot up, using these three easy to operate buckles and hook and loop flap, you can see the plush liner and removable insole. The only complaint I’ve heard about the Scout boots is that the waterproof membrane hidden behind the liner doesn’t breathe as well as some others on the market, and the boots can get fairly hot.
The outsoles of these Scout boots are some of my favorite in this style of boot. The lug design provides exceptional grip on all sorts of surfaces, and the tapered heel shape make them very comfortable to walk in, despite the rigidity of the uppers.
All in all these Alpinestars Scout motorcycle riding boots are an excellent choice for adventure tourers and dual sport riders looking for a comfortable mid-priced boot with excellent features and the quality of Alpinestars.