Alpinestars GPX Leather Gloves
List Price: 129.95
Sales Price: $129.95
Alpinestars GPX Leather Gloves
Item Code: AlpinestarsGPXGloves
- Technically constructed glove incorporates leather, suede and perforated leather panels for comfort and breathability.
- Integrated leather accordion stretch inserts on first three fingers and thumb for unrestricted maneuverability.
- Short cuff design features extended padded cuff to cover outer wrist area.
- Alpinestars’ track-tested dual-density polymer knuckle protection system promotes ventilation and is structured for superior impact and abrasion performance.
- Innovative open back design features a perforated top panel for range of movement.
- Compound TPU sliders on little finger and palm heel are mounted on foam-backed leather panels for comfort and performance.
- Patented third and fourth finger bridge prevents finger separation and limits finger contortion and burst seams.
- Perforated poly-foam padding on thumb, cuff and fingers.
- Leather reinforced finger seams for superior fit and pre-contoured finger construction to reduce fatigue.
- Synthetic suede palm reinforcements for improved grip.
- Perforated leather fingers and finger gussets for maximum cooling.
- Velcro® wrist closure, plus TPR detailing and printed logos.
How To Measure for Alpinestars Gloves
- Palm: Measure across your palm, starting above the base of your thumb, keeping the tape horizontal, obtaining the widest measurement of you hand
- Refer to the conversion chart below
|Alpha Size||Measurement||Numeric Size|
|X-Small||2 1/8-2 5/8"||7|
|Small||2 5/8-3 1/8"||8|
|Medium||3 1/8-3 5/8"||9|
|Large||3 5/8-4 1/8"||10|
|X-Large||4 1/8-4 5/8"||11|
|XX-Large||4 5/8-5 1/8"||12|
These Alpinestars GP-X gloves are one of my favorite new glove offerings from Alpine, and are an excellent choice for the rider looking for premium all leather gloves with many trickle down features from the racetrack with a short cuff for the street.
Starting with the palms, these GP-X gloves have leather fingers with externally stitched seams. If you’ve not yet tried a pair of gloves with externally stitched seams you’re missing out. There is very little break in necessary and the feel of your bike’s controls is amazing. On the pinky is a TPR slider. This slider is mounted to a padded leather panel that runs down the finger to side of the hand, then across the palm to the padding here near the wrist. Also mounded to this panel is a TPU slider to reduce grabbing and protect the metacarpal bones on the outside of the hand. If we go back up the hand, we can see the suede panel that cross the palm onto the thumb. These offer excellent grip and a little extra abrasion resistance. While we’re looking at the thumb, you can see the padded open back thumb design and the accordion style stretch panel. Down toward the wrist is a leather pull tab with my intramural basketball stats from 1988 printed on it. I appreciate the love. Also near the wrist, is this Velcro wrist strap on the mini gauntlet for a secure fit.
If we flip the glove over, we can see the balance of the many features. The finger tips are protected by these reinforced leather panels with perforated inserts on the two middle fingers for added breathability. The index finger and pinky are garnished with some clean looking A-stars branding. The
pinky also features the finger bridge that holds the pinky to the hand to minimize injury in a spill. As we move down the hand, you can see the dual density polymer knuckle protection. This is some of the trickle down track tech we were talking about earlier. This system has these ridges on it which promotes good abrasion resistance, and like the slider on the palm, minimizes sticking of the glove to the street in a slide. The frame that supports this knuckle protection has an open back design. This feature allows this knuckle area to be very rigid without detracting from the glove’s flexibility.
Finally, as we get to the wrist, you can see this padded area with the TPR Astars logo that is designed to protect your ulna and carpal bones.
Again, these Alpinestars GP-X gloves are an excellent choice for the rider looking for a premium glove with racetrack level features for use on the street.