Alpinestars Quasar Textile Jacket
List Price: $249.95
Sale Price: $249.95
Alpinestars Quasar Textile Jacket.
The Alpinestars Quasar Textile Jacket is a lightweight and ventilated motorcycle jacket. It allows the rider to be cool and stay protected on warm days. This motorcycle jacket allows the rider to make adjustments to get a proper fit and is also cut with rider comfort in mind.
Color: Black, Grey, or Anthracite
- Stretch panels on elbows for performance fit
- Volume control system on sleeves for personalized fit
- Removable CE certified armor on shoulders and elbows
- Back compartment with foam padding (CE certified Bio Armor back protector available as accessory)
- Waterproof internal wallet pocket
- Velcro®-closing, D-ring waist adjustment
- Advanced microfiber collar lining for moisture-wicking and comfort
- Reflective detailing on front and rear for improved rider visibility
- Internal waist connection zipper allow attachment to selected Alpinestars leather and textile pants
How To Measure for Alpinestars Mens Jackets
- Note :Alpinestars sizes are available in Euro sizing only, use the chart below to convert your standard US size to Euro
- Chest: Measure around the fullest part, under the armpits, keeping the tape horizontal
- Arm Length: Measure from shoulder (Humenus) to wrist
- Waist: Measure around the natural waist line, inline with the navel, keeping the tape horizontal
The Quasar Textile Jacket is constructed of six hundred denier polyester. It’s available in 3 color ways including this all black and in sizes S-4XL. The fit is just a little bit on the European side, but the size chart is accurate so make sure you use is to establish your fitment. The arms have a slight bend to them giving them a slight sport fit, but it’s nowhere near as aggressive as say a T-Jaws air jacket, so this jacket will work well on all types of bikes. The Quasar is more than just a mesh jacket. See, making a material that allows air to pass through it is easy. What Alpinestars has done is strategically place these mesh panels to manipulate the flow of air through the garment to maximize the cooling effect. They also have used a water repellent material for the shell so that not if but when the material gets rained on, the water isn’t absorbed and the garment stays lightweight and dries quickly.
On the protective side, the high wear areas are constructed using a high tensile strength, abrasion resistant material, and the shoulders and elbows feature CE approved armor. There is also removable protective padding in the chest and in the back, and there are subtle yet effective high-viz accents throughout the jacket, including these panels and this A-Stars logo. There is also a full circumference zipper to connect your riding pants
Adjustability is very important on a mesh jacket to control buffeting. The Quasar has hook and loop adjusters at the waist to perfect the fit and manage airflow, and there are take-ups on sleeves. The cuffs are also adjustable, and there are accordion-style stretch panels in the elbows to promote flexibility. Additional features include this huge mesh panel and the Alpinestars monogram across the shoulders on the back. The collar is soft and comfortable, and the main zipper closure is YKK.
Storage comes in the form of two zippered hand warmer pockets on the front. Inside the Quasar, you’ll find a vertical zipper pocket and 3 hook and loop pockets.