I've been riding with a half helmet and was tired of the wind trying to pull my head off. I bought this helmet in hopes I could keep my head and also cut down on some of the noise. This helmet has done both. The fit was a bit tight but was able to press in on the tight areas and it fits great now. Vision is great. I would recommend to those looking for a helmet other than a full face.
Bell Custom 500 Helmet
List Price: $119.95
Sale Price: $119.95
Bell Custom 500 Helmet
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, Bell went back to the lab to make improvements to the legendary Custom 500. A new headform means the Custom 500 now fits better and looks smaller on your head than ever. The thin-profile shell allows the helmet to sit lower on the head, and with 5 shell and EPS sizes, it’s now even easier to find the look you want with the perfect fit.
Item Code: BellCustom500Helmet2014
Brand: Bell Helmets
Model: Custom 500
Color: Black, Matte Black, White
Warranty: Five Year Warranty
- Brand new headform for an exceptional fit (featuring 5 shells and EPS liners)
- Ultra low-profile fiberglass composite shell
- 5 shell and EPS liner sizes ensures a low-profile look
- Custom-quilted liner
- Integrated 5-snap pattern for aftermarket shields and visors
- Padded chin strap with D0ring closure and strap keeper
- Industry-leading Five-year warranty
Helmet Sizing Information. We ask that you use the following information to help choose the proper size helmet. In order for a helmet to protect properly and be the most comfortable, it must be size to your head correctly.
To find the Correct size helmet for a person's head:
- Measure the head circumference one-inch above the eyebrows and ears
- Using the circumference measured, use the size chart below to find the approximate size
- Once you have tried on the helmet it should fell snug equally around the head. The helmet should not feel too tight or too loose at any point around head.
|XS||53-54 cm||20 7/7 - 21 1/4||6 5/8 - 6 3/4|
|S||55-56 cm||21 5/8 - 22||6 7/8 - 7|
|M||57-58 cm||22 3/8 - 22 3/4||7 1/8 - 7 1/4|
|L||59-60 cm||23 1/4 - 23 5/8||7 3/8 - 7 1/2|
|XL||61-62 cm||24 - 24 3/8||7 5/8 - 7 3/4|
|2XL||63-64 cm||24 3/4 - 24 1/4||7 7/8 -8|
Most Helpful Reviews :
The fit is nice. Feels more secure than a half helmet. Slightly hot in the summer heat.
Ordered large helmet by helmet charge. It was too tight and rode low on eyebrows pushing down on your eyes. Returned for x-large and it fit better not too tight but it also rode low on eyebrows. Put a little foam padding in top of helmet and lifted it up of my eye brows. Works fine now. So helmet needs some work. My opinion.