Fieldsheer Shadow Jacket
List Price: 329.99
Sales Price: $263.99
Fieldsheer Shadow Jacket
Item Code: FieldsheerShadowJacket
Color:Hi-Visibility Yellow, Royal Blue, Gun Metal, Black
- Highly abrasion resistant 500 denier Maxtena-Pro outer shell with 1680 denier ballistic panels at the shoulders and elbows
- Removable CE-approved armor in the shoulders, elbows and back
- Stretch Carboflex action back panels for increased flexibility
- SP Memory Foam in high impact areas
- Reflective Phoslite piping for increased nighttime visibility
- Unique FS Matrix two-stage waterproof and breathable liner with Nanomax & Rainguard barrier technology plus an insulated liner
- Elasticized stretch panels at elbows
- Four-step adjustable upper and lower sleeve volume control
- Ram Air direct ventilation system, zero membrane ventilation interference
- Micro fleece padded Mandarin collar
- Gusseted adjustable Velcro wrist cuffs
- Adjustable Velcro waist strap with elasticized panels at the hips for added comfort
- Pockets included:Two zipped hand warmers, Two chest, One zipped map, One inside Velcro, One mobile phone pocket
- 8" waist zipper and universal snap belt connector to attach to pants
|Size||Numeric Size||Chest||Sleeve||Sleeve Tall|
The shadow jacket was designed to combine the technology and protection that the touring rider demands, with just the right amount of sport bike DNA to appeal to the more aggressive sport tourer. This rider rides a 1400 Concourse, a Triumph Trophy, or maybe a bagged out FZ1.
The Shadow Jacket is made of a unique fabric called Maxtena Pro. It’s a waterproof 500 denier fabric that has the abrasion resistance and tensile strength you need in a motorcycle riding jacket, but without the stiffness that is often associated with heavy duty nylon. The softness of the material helps the jacket to fit less like a high impact riding jacket, and more like casual apparel. The jacket also gets help in the comfort department from the high levels of adjustability and ventilation.
The Shadow features Velcro equipped adjustable waist straps that work together with elasticized stretch panels to help achieve the perfect fit. The same stretch panels are found on the elbows to provide increased range of motion and added mobility. Also for flexibility, are these Carboflex areas that start on the chest, and travel under the arm to the backs of the shoulders. The sleeves also feature these elastic snap adjusters that can be tightened to help reduce buffeting at speed and keep the armor in place in a crash. The cuffs are also adjustable by way of these Velcro straps.
Ventilation can be found in the form of these Ram Air direct ventilation system vent ports. Unfastening this Velcro cover flap, exposes a zippered vent. You can fasten the cover flap back on itself to create a scoop to funnel air into the jacket. There are additional zippered vents on the back of the jacket on the shoulders and on the kidney area.
The Shadow Jacket offers better than ample protection as well. There is removable CE armor in the shoulders, elbows, and back, with additional memory foam pads sewn directly into the shell on the shoulders, elbows, and down through the spine area to this lower back panel. Lifting up this panel, reveals the zippered connection that is designed to allow you to attach this jacket to a pair of riding pants. This feature not only protects your lower back from road rash, but helps manage airflow as well. To help with night time visibility, hi-viz piping has been added to the shoulders, and silver Phoslite printing can be found throughout the jacket.
The versatility of the Shadow Jacket can be credited mostly to its liner system. This is a jacket that, again has that street bike look, but can be worn in almost any weather, and remain comfortable over long distances. Unzipping the main closure exposes a hidden pocket and a secondary zipper that ensures the waterproof liners ability to keep the water out. Unzipping one of the liner removal zippers, exposes the taped seams of the Nanomax and Rain Guard liner. Unzipping the liner closure, exposes the removable quilted thermal liner with additional pockets and stretch panels in the underarms for maximum mobility. The liner removal zippers of the thermal and waterproof liners have the same dimensions, so the jacket can be worn with either the waterproof liner, the thermal liner, or both, for optimal temperature and moisture control.