I really like the H-D bags for the Sportster, but I don't like the price tag. I was looking for something I liked as much with a lower price but still had quality. I found them. I am very pleased with these bags, the look, feel, utility with the bags and rain covers included, these are just the ticket if you need some saddlebags.
River Road Quantum Slant Zip Off Quick Release Compact Saddlebags
List Price: $159.95
Sale Price: $143.96 to $152.96 $159.95
You save: $16 (10%)
River Road Quantum Slant Zip Off Quick Release Compact Saddlebags.
The River Road Quantum Slant Zip Off Quick Release Compact Saddlebags are available in three great styles – plain, with stud accents or braids. These handsome bags are compact, measuring 12”W x 9”H x 6”D, and are made out of a synthetic material that looks and feels like high-quality leather but is much easier to maintain and to keep clean. One of the best features of these black bags is its Fast-Zip Removal system, which allows you to easily take them on and off your bike. These are strong bags that boast reinforced side walls and base and will keep their shape even when empty. A waterproof cover with full elastic closure that will protect your bags against the wind, rain and debris is also included.
Dimensions: 12 "W x 9 1/2"H x 6"D
River Road Quantum Slant Zip Off Saddlebag Features
- Rich, synthetic material with UV protection offers the look and feel of top quality leather
- The Fast-Zip Removal system allows easy on/easy off for installing on a bike or carrying as a bag
- Quick-release buckles, hidden behind traditional chrome hardware, make opening the bag quick and easy
- A removable, neoprene layer covers the bag contact points to protect the motorcycle
- Reinforced side walls and a reinforced base provide strength and shape retention
- Box-style lids with hook-and-loop closure and extra -long cross-over flaps inside provide a secure storage environment
- A waterproof cover with full elastic closure is included to protect against rain and dust
- All saddlebags have a custom-fitted liner bag inside that makes packing convenient and further protects the contents from the elements
- Quick-release straps secure the bags to your motorcycle or saddlebag supports
- Includes a 1-year manufactures warranty
River Road Quantum Slant Zip Off Saddlebag Mounting Instructions
Measure distance horizontally from the edge of the rear turn signal to where the passenger would be aligned on the seat. Next, measure the distance vertically from the exhaust pipe to approximately two inches below the top of the rear fender.
*Please remember to allow at least one inch clearance between the bottom of the saddlebag and the exhaust pipe. This will prevent the saddlebag from being damaged by touching the exhaust pipe.
Generally, to install throw-over saddlebags to your bike, you would need to remove the passenger seat. You would then ensure that the hook and loop connectors are firmly pressed together and secure bonding the two bags. To ensure additional stability, use the strap at the top of one saddlebag and thread through the double d-ring on the other saddlebag. Place the saddlebags on the top of your bike and adjust to how you want the bags to sit. After this is complete, re-install your passenger seat back on the bike. There are additional straps on the bottom of the saddlebags for added security and stability as well.