Shoei Neotec Borealis Helmet
List Price: 752.99
Sales Price: $677.69
Shoei Neotec Borealis Helmet
The SHOEI NEOTEC Borealis has a clean design that puts you in mind of an old muscle car with racing stripes with pinstripes added to give it a classic look. This NEOTEC comes in two color options, TC-3 (yellow/black) which makes the helmet hi-vis and the TC-5 (black/silver).
The SHOEI NEOTEC is a premium modular helmet that touts the SHOEI badge and wears it well. This helmet brings SHOEI’s quality and design to the world of modular, adventure touring style helmets. Building on the success and “backbone” of MULTITEC, the NEOTEC introduces a few new features such as an internal sun shield, wider and taller field of vision, and refined aerodynamics to reduce lift and drag on those long adventure touring trips which can cause fatigue. Also if you are the kind of rider that likes to get out on the open road and truly experience the outdoors or if you are the kind of rider that likes to take a break, but doesn’t want to take your helmet off to grab a drink or take in the world around you but still wants the protection of a full faced helmet, The SHOEI NEOTEC is the helmet for you.
Item Code: ShoeiNeotecBorealis
Sizing: 3 Shell Sizes
The Neotec Borealis graphic offers a high-vis options to the Neotec lineup. Evolving on previous designs, Shoei has revamped its modular helmet style with a streamlined and attractively sculpted shape that conveys the feel of freely moving through the outdoors in the Shoei Neotec Modular Helmet. Overall shell size is kept compact by incorporating the internal sun visor’s open/close mechanism inside; all ventilation mechanisms are shaped and positioned in such a way as to reduce any possible drag. A redesigned aerodynamic spoiler also helps to cut lift, reducing neck strain on long, cross country rides. In the Shoei Neotec all these features combine to create a premium helmet that excels in appearance, protection, comfort and performance.
The Shoei Neotec Borealis Helmet's chin bar is connected to the same axis point and mechanism as its shield, minimizing extra parts. This also enables simultaneous closing of the shield with the chin bar, which is then held in place with an easy-open lock release button. The shield lock system offers secure closure or the ability to keep the shield slightly open to allow for increased airflow. With the Shoei Neotec Helmet, Shoei now includes a built-in sun shield, the QSV-1. The visor tucks neatly away beneath a non-intrusive shell built into the helmet’s liner, and can be lowered with the easy control of a sliding button.
Face Shield Features :
- Easily operable lever mechanism
- Anti-fog, anti-scratch, 99% UV blocking
- New Pinlock-ready CNS-1 faceshield
- Wider and taller than the CX-1V that it replaces
- Includes Pinlock insert
- 3D injection molding process ensures a distortion-free view
Improved Ventilation and Aerodynamics :
- Newly designed vortex generators pull air through helmet
- 276% more airflow than Multitec
- Added inlets and outlets
- Vents are flush against helmet to maintain aerodynamics
5-Ply Shock-Absorbing Fiber Shell:
- 3 shell sizes
- AIM Multi-Composite construction
- Lightweight yet strong
- Shell-integrated spoiler reduces lift and drag during high-speed riding
Dual EPS Liner :
- Multi-density EPS for optimal protection
- Two vents funnel fresh air through the EPS liner
- Dual liner channels route and disperse air evenly throughout the helmet
- EPS liner in chin bar
All new interior :
- Fully removable 3D interior liner
- Top center pad is removable and washable
- Improved cheekpad design allows better fit with eyeglasses
- Included chin curtain can be inserted into the chin bar to reduce turbulence and noise
- All Neotec Helmets sold in the US have a double D-ring closure
- Be sure to check out our Shoei Neotec Review above, in which we detail and break down all of the features and functionality of the brand new Shoei Neotec Borealis Helmet.
Wrap a tape measure horizontally around your forehead. Select the helmet that is the closest fit to that size. A helmet should fit snug on your head. If it moves while wearing, it is too large. If it is painful to wear, it is too small.
|XS||6 5/8-6 3/4||53-54||20 7/8-21 1/4|
|S||6 7/8-7||55-56||21 5/8-22|
|M||7 1/8-7 1/4||57-58||22 1/2-22 7/8|
|L||7 3/8-7 1/2||59-60||23 1/4-23 5/8|
|XL||7 5/8-73/4||61-62||24-24 3/8|
|XXL||7 7/8-8||63-64||24 3/4-25 1/8|