Sidi Tour Gore Tex Boots
List Price: 325
Sales Price: $325.00
Sidi Tour Gore Tex Boots
Item Code: SidiTourGoreTexBoots
Brand : Sidi
Color : Black
Gender : Men's
- Equipped with the world famous Gore Tex highly breathable and waterproof membrane to add a waterproof yet highly breathable barrier between the elements and the rider’s feet.
- The Gore Tex membrane breathes more than any other membrane thus the rider’s feet will stay cooler in warm weather with a Gore Tex equipped boot.
- Top grain leather construction.
- Hook and Loop and zipper entry/closure system.
- Full length inner gaiter.
- Rigid nylon innersole.
- Removable arch support.
- Internal heel protection.
- Internal ankle protection.
- Internal toe protection.
- Leather toe shift-brake pads.
- Internally padded Nylon shin plate.
- Double stitched in all high stress areas.
- Reflective panel above the heel and on the front of the boot.
- Internal toe shift pad with traction points.
- Bonded non-slip Sidi touring sole.
11 11 1/2
These Sidi Tour boots are available in two versions, the less expensive Rain model, and the top of the line Gore Tex. As I’m sure you know, Gore Tex is a microperforated material that is completely waterproof, yet allows sweat vapor to pass easily through it. There are many similar membranes available, and most of them are capable of duplicating the waterproof characteristics of Gore Tex, but many regard the breathability to be unmatched.
There is a ton of touring boot options available right now, with hundreds of dollars difference in their price. The difference for me is in the details. The Tour’s uppers are full, top grain leather, and feature a hook and loop and zippered side entry closure system, with a full length waterproof inner gaiter. That’s fairly standard issue stuff. If you take a closer look, though, you can see that all the seams are double stitched, and there are subtle details, like the recessed areas of reflectivity in the lateral side panel above the ankle, and on the rear of the boot above the Achilles area. The reflective bits in the Achilles area are convex, as well, so they will reflect light from all angles. Also, on the rear of the boot, you’ll find the Sidi logo subtly debossed into the leather. This same reflective tech is found also on the shin area of the boot, with another debossed logo. Details. On the toe, Sidi has added leather shift and pedal pads.
These are unique, though, in that there’s additional plastic toe protection behind the leather, with nubs that poke through to provide additional grip and wear resistance. Details. While we’re looking at the toe, you should know that is, of course, heavily reinforced, as is the heel cup, and the ankle bones are protected by plate armor on both the medial and lateral sides. Protection also comes from plate armor in the shin, and a non-slip outsole.
These Sidi Tour Gore Tex boots are available in sizes seven and a half to thirteen, with many half sizes available. The fit is of course European, with a standard length accurate to a Brannock device, and a narrow width. As much as I like these boots, my flat, E width feet aren’t having it. Wider calves, though, are accommodated, by a small elastic panel next to the side entry.
All in all, these boots are an excellent choice for the touring rider looking for a lightweight, waterproof option with that signature Italian detail.