Sidi Crossfire 2 TA Boots.
The newest evolution of SIDI's offroad boot the Crossfire 2 features a new adjustable system of the area between the protective calf-exaust and the front of the boot to allow a rider with a wider calf to be very comfortable.
Sidi Crossfire 2 TA Boots Features
- The hinged, dual position, stitch-free upper is constructed from injection-molded plastic. With the exclusive Dual Flex system and the four floating independent straps the Crossfire can provide each rider with a personal fit no matter of body shape or use with knee braces or not.
- Sidi's exclusive, patented, adjustable calf system allows the rider to adjust the diameter of the Crossfire boot at the calf. This system, along with longer upper straps, allows the Crossfire boot to accommodate riders with larger calves much easier than the previous Crossfire. The Crossfire can accommodate riders with up to a 22-inch calf diameter 14 inches above from the bottom of their heel. The inner plastic plate is made of two different materials; a rigid one to support the boot and a heat resistant one to protect the rider's leg from exhaust heat. All components of this system are fully replaceable and are available in a wide variety of colors for the option of customizing the boot to your taste.
- Three extended ribs are featured at the back of the boot to assist the rider in making upshifts with his heel when starting a race. Rigid, shock resistant, anatomically shaped heel for maximum protection.
- Sidi boots do not incorporate inner booties into their design, and for good reason. Booties make the design larger and cumbersome, add to the boot's thickness, which interferes with shifting, plus the inner booties retain body heat affecting the rider's performance and comfort.
- The cam-lock buckle system incorporates a strap memory retention system.
- Adjust the straps once and they will be at the same position for every ride after that! No more readjusting for every ride or mid-day during a ride.
- The tip of the toe on the Crossfire and Charger boots are covered with plastic to protect the base material and seems against abrasion from brush etc. Plastic shift and brake lever guards on the top of each foot area.
- Lined with air Teflon mesh and Cambrelle
- Upper in leather and Microfiber material
- Replaceable shin plate
- Micro and replaceable Adjustable buckles
- Dual Flex System
- Adjustable Calf System
- Replaceable Metatarsus Inserts
- Thermoplastic defender on the toe area
- Anatomically shaped heel
- Assembled and replaceable boot leg, it is stitch-free
- Nylon Inner sole with removable arch support
- TA Rubber sole
Dual Flex System:
Adjustable Calf System
“Due to Motonation's Policies SIDI Boots cannot be sold outside of USA”.
Sidi Crossfire 2 TA Boots Sizing
Sidi boots are built on a “D” width unless noted as a “Mega” version in which the width is “EE” For more information on Sidi products, including sizing, please visit www.motonation.com
11 11 1/2
The Crossfire 2 and Crossfire 2 SRS are Sidi’s top of of the line pro level offroad race boots. SRS stands for sole replaceable system. The SRS model has a replaceable sole. Not just for wear purposes. They actually offer different soles with different densities and levels of traction for different types of riding. There is an E1 sole which Sidi describes as an enduro sole, and the SMS version, which is ideal for supermoto applications.
Both versions of this boot come in a ton of different color ways so make sure to check out our website so you can see them all. This boot is constructed using leather and technomicro. Technomicro is Sidi’s proprietary manmade material. It’s lighter, stronger, and more breathable than leather so it’s more comfortable and it’s going to last longer as well. If we start at the toe and work towards the back, we can look at some of the features of these Crossfire 2’s. The toebox is reinforced and also completely covered with thermoplastic eurothane. There’s no edges to catch and come apart so this toe is really going to handle some serious abuse. Notice also that all the stitches in the higher wear areas are recessed, so the stitching is basically protected by the panels that it’s holding together. Pretty clever. As we move back you can see the new micro adjustable buckle system. Once you get these set, they stay put so all you have to do is strap in and you’re off. On the medial side at the arch is a replaceable insert to protect your foot from pegs and starter pedals. On the back of the boot there is a reinforced heel cup that has some contour added to it compared to the first Crossfire. This is for kick shifting at the start to get you that holeshot. As we move up the side you can see the lateral-side ankle protector. There is one on the medial side of the boot as well. Of course these are replaceable. Riders often ask us which parts of the different boots are replaceable. If there’s a screw on it and it comes off, it’s replaceable. These sliders also mark the hinge of the Dual Flex System upper. This system allows the boot to flex back and forth but keeps the boot rigid from side to side like an ankle brace. Also in this area you can see the ventilation they have added to this new model. You have vents on the lateral side in the calf area, on the back near the Achilles area, and near the calf. If you open the boot up you can see that there’s no bootie. These replaceable panels actually interface with the boot itself. This keeps the boot as narrow as possible. Speaking of narrow, remember these are a European race boot so they are cut fairly narrow so you fat footed fellers may need to go with a different model. Ok, back to the top. Sidihttp://www.jafrum.com/Shop-By-Brand/Sidi-Boots realized that for extra-large calf muscles you need more than just longer straps. At some point the shin and calf protection is going to be in the wrong place. So, what they’ve done is added a second set of holes to the plates to allow adjustment on the non-buckle side. This keeps the plate oriented in the center of the shin or calf where it belongs. On the medial side of the boot you have a rubbery insert that actually gets tackier when it gets wet. This offers a more intuitive relationship with the bike once everything gets all muddy. Going inside the boot, you see the added reinforcement on the boot in high wear areas. The lining consists of a Cambrelle area and an air Teflon mesh area for excellent moisture wicking characteristics. There is also a removable, replaceable insole as well.
Again, this Crossfire 2 boot is a pro level race boot that is truly one of the very best available anywhere in the world. With the exception of being a little too narrow for some of us chubby American types, these things are about perfect.