Drinking and Driving Information
On average, almost one person is killed every half-hour in US as a result of drunk driving. When you are driving while you are drunk, especially with high blood alcohol concentration (BAC), you are exposed to high risks of car accidents, road injuries, and even death. Some of measures to prevent drunk driving include the establishment of DWI courts, imposing higher fines and jail terms, alcohol education, confiscation of vehicle plates, suspension and revocation of driver licenses, and immobilization of vehicles. Since many people start drinking when they are in college, it’s also important to focus preventive measures on them. Here’s some information on drinking and driving.
- Understanding Alcohol: A lot of information covering alcohol use, alcohol abuse, alcoholism, youth drinking, and more.
- Problems and Solutions: A look at some of the problems associated with alcohol and some of the available solutions.
- About Alcohol: Provides answers to many questions about alcohol.
- Alcohol: The Australian Government’s page on guidelines, treatments, resources, and more.
- Alcohol and You: A good source of information for pregnant women, young professionals, young parents, and others.
- Information for Young People: Offers information like amount of alcohol in a standard drink and nutritional-related alcohol problems.
- Our Favorite Drug: Highlights the problems of alcoholism and the ways to deal with it.
- The Cool Spot: Cool website with excellent alcohol information and help for young teens.
- Alcohol Information: Some information by the Center for Alcohol and Substance Education at the University of Virginia.
Drinking & Driving
- Impaired Driving: Discusses the dangers of impaired driving, including drunk driving.
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving: One of the most active organization committed to prevention of drunk driving.
- The Century Council: Another organization dedicated to fighting drunk driving.
- Drinking & Driving: A lot of information on drunk driving with key facts, issues, key references, and other relevant materials.
- SMASHED: A lot of information and statistics on drunk driving in Canada.
- Drunk Driving: The NHTSA website committed to prevention of impaired driving with statistics and other information.
- Traffic Fatalities: Shows the number of alcohol related traffic fatalities against all traffic fatalities and 9/11 deaths.
- DUI Offences: Provides details of DUI Offences in the State of Tennessee.
- Worldwide BAC Limits: A place to find the BAC limits all over the world.
Alcohol & Youth
- College Drinking: A website dedicated to changing the culture of drinking in colleges.
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse: Short study on the problems of alcohol and drug abuse in colleges.
- College Alcohol Study: An archive of publications on the study of alcohol in college.
- Facts: Concise information on alcohol problems in youths.
- Trends: A study on the trends of alcohol consumption among Australian youths.
- Youth Violence & Alcohol: Explores the relationship between youth violence and alcohol.
- Alcohol Trends: An overview of alcohol trends among European youths.
- Alcohol Advertising: Short study on the effects of alcohol advertising on youths.
- Health Effects: Discusses how alcohol can impair the heath of youths.
Alcohol & Health