Works great. Always buy my gear from JAFRUM.
Kie BT 3-Com 500m 3-Rider Bluetooth Helmet Communication Module (Single)
List Price: $149.99
Sale Price: $59.95 $149.99
You save: $90 (60%)
Kie BT 3-Com 500m 3-Rider Bluetooth Helmet Communication Module (Single).
Kie is the new intercom stereo Bluetooth device that connects up to 3 people and allows intercom up to 500 meters.
This new device is for those who are always on the run on two wheels and always need to be need to be in contact, even while riding their bike, without ignoring their safety. In a few seconds it's possible to pair the device to a mobile phone, to make or receive calls or to listen to music in stereo quality or to pair it to a GPS system to always follow the right directions. The device has excellent stereo audio quality. It’s water resistant and thanks to the universal mounting kit, which includes a clip mount with fastening clamp and an adhesive clip mount, it’s easily to instal on any helmet.
Kie Bluetooth Helmet Communication Includes
- Clip mounting kit with clamp
- Bluetooth device
- Velcro pads
- Carrying Bag
- Adhesive clip
- Speakers and microphone
- User guide
Kie Bluetooth Helmet Communication Features
- Wireless connection to mobile phone up to 10m. Kie to Kie connection up to 500m.
- Call out, call answer, call reject, call hang up, call automatic answer, dial last number.
- 7 hours talk time. 140 hours standby time.
- DSP echo cancellation and noise suppression. Stereo sound
- MP3 Music connection, pause / play / skip.
- Connect up to 3 helmets.
- GPS connection
- Auto switching between phone, music and intercom.
- Water resistant durable construction.
- Universal Mounting System
Kie Bluetooth Helmet Communication Mounting Instruction
Mounting to your Helmet
- Using the screwdriver, loosen the screws to allow the clip to slide onto either side of the helmet shell, under the padding
- Adjust the clip to find the best location on your helmet. Tighten the screws to hold the clip firmly in place.
Installing Your Kie Headset
- Slide the Kie module into the slots in the clip until it locks into place.
- Attach the speaker and microphone. Use two Velcro pads and test the position before sticking them to the inside of the helmet. Some helmets have pockets in which to secure the speaker and microphone, in which case the Velcro is not needed.
- When the ideal position is found, attach the speaker to the Velcro pad and run the microphone under the ear padding (if Possible) so that the microphone is positioned in from of your mouth. Reinstall padding if necessary.
- Taking care to match the pins up, connect the headset plug to the Bluetooth headset device’s socket. The plug can only be inserted in one position.
- Secure the cord of the headset inside the helmet. Tuck any extra wire into the helmet padding.
- You have successfully mounted your Kie headset.
Kie Bluetooth Helmet Communication Quick Removal
- Remove your Kie by Pushing the locks as shown and then slide the module upward
Kie Bluetooth Helmet Communication Charging and Maintenance
Before using the device charge fully. To protect battery life fully charge monthly
- Insert the small end of the USB cable into the Kie module. Insert the large end into a USB computer port, or the supplied power adapter.
- LED will illuminate while charging. When fully charged LED will extinguish. Charging time is 4 hours.
Kie Bluetooth Helmet Communication Basic Controls
Power On and Off
- Turn On: Press and hold the power/intercom button for 4 seconds until a beep is heard. The blue LED will flash quickly 3 times and then flash regularly.
- Turn Off: Press and hold the power/intercom button for 6 seconds until a beep is heard and the LED is extinguished.
Adjust the volume using the whirl control dial.
- Increase Volume: Turn volume up by rotating the dial counter clockwise. Rotate and hold until desired volume is reached, the release.
- Decrease Volume: Turn volume down by rotating the dial clockwise. Rotate and hold until desired volume is reached, the release.
Kie Bluetooth Helmet Communication Intercom
Pairing to Another Kie
- Place the two Kie devices within 7 meter distance. Ensure both devices are powered off.
- Simultaneously press and hold the power/in-tercom button on both devices for 8 seconds. The LEDs will now flash red and blue alternately.
- Now short press the power/intercom key on one device. This device will search for the other. When pairing succeeds the LEDs Will now flash blue.
Starting / Stopping Intercom Talk
- Once both Kie devices nave been connected, intercom is active. To slop intercom Short Press the power/intercom button of one devce. Press again to restart.
Kie Bluetooth Helmet Communication Mobile Phone Pairing
Pairing to Your Mobile Phone
- Place phone and Kie within 1 meter distance. Ensure Kie module is powered off.
- Press power/intercom Button for 8 seconds until a double beep is heard and the red and blue LEDs flash.
- On your phone, activate Bluetooth and search for the Kie device.
- Choose the Kie device and enter Password 0000. Once successful a beep will sound and the LEDs will flash blue. The devices are now connected
Answering a Phone Call
Press the multifunctional button to answer.
Note: While listening to music, or using the intercom, sound will automatically switch to your mobile phone if there is an incoming call. When the call is ended the previous status will resume.
Receiving a Phone Call Automatically
The Kie device will automatically answer a call after 8 seconds unless rejected.
Rejecting a Phone Call
To reject a call, press and hold the multifunctional button for 2 seconds.
Dialing the Last Number
Press the multifunctional button for 2 seconds until a beep is heard. This will dial the last number dialed.
Terminating Phone Call
Press the multifunctional button to end the call.
Transferring Sound From Mobile Phone to Kie
During a call made using your Phone, you can transfer sound to the Kie headset if the Kie is on by pressing the multifunctional button for 2 seconds.
Kie Bluetooth Helmet Communication Music Controls
Music Play / Pause Control
Press the multifunctional button once to play / pause music.
Skip Back / Forward
Use the whirl control dal to skin songs. Rotate counter clockwise to skip forward. Rotate clockwise to skip back.
Switch to Intercom
Press the power/intercom button once to pause the music and enter into intercom status. Press again to resume music.
Kie Bluetooth Helmet Communication Three-way Pairing
In the non-intercom mode, long press the power/intercom button for 3 seconds until a double tone is heard and then release the intercom button. Modules will then empty their intercom memory.
There are three modules, A, B and C. A-B (A start intercom), A-C (A start intercom), B-C (B start intercom) all paired successfully, and not responding to any request of any other headset.
When A and B intercom, C can press intercom button once and B headset will hear connection request sound of 3 beeps. If C presses intercom button twice, A headset will hear of the beep connection request.
When A and C intercom, B can press intercom button once and C headset will hear connection request sound of 3 beeps. If B presses intercom button twice, A headset will hear the beep of connection request.
When B and C intercom, A can press intercom button once and C will hear connection request sound of 3 beeps. If A presses intercom button twice, B headset will hear the beep of connection request.
When A-B, A-C, B,C all pair successfully but without intercom:
Press B once > and connect C >B and C begin to intercom
Press B twice > and connect A >A and B begin to intercom
Press A once > and connect C >A and C begin to intercom
Press A twice > and connect B >A and B begin to intercom
Press C once > and connect B >B and C begin to intercom
Press C twice > and connect A >A and C begin to intercom
Note: If one unit cannot pair with another unit, the two units (in the status of off) need to do the following:
Turn on the unit into the status of Standby (blue LED flash).
Press turn power button for 3-5 seconds until a double chime is heard twice, then let go immediately. This will clear the memory.
Turn the unit off.
Turn on the unit and pair them successfully.
Most Helpful Reviews :
Great for in town, low-speed communication - at speed, not so much. Not enough volume to overcome the ambient noise. There are probably better devices out there but probably cost 5 times more also. These will suffice for our needs.
Breeze to install.
Got a great price offer and jumped on it right away. I find it works great, integrated with my phone and passenger well. Use my phone now for my music and my passenger can use her phone for the music she wants to listen to. Was easy to install and works great. Good sound for the money spent, but am glad I didn't spend hundreds of dollars more just to get "great sound" because after all, we are on a motorcycle.
This is my first Bluetooth and I gotta say I love this thing and for the price, it was way worth it.