Alpinestars Tech Carbon Bionic Neck Support.
Alpinestars Bionic Neck Support Features
- Pivot Key system: A special magnesium key located at the rear allows the convenient front opening of the device while also allowing it to be dismantled in an emergency.
- Fitting System: Fine adjustment of the shoulder height allows a more personalised fit – particularly for individuals who have a shorter than normal neck.
- Rear Stabiliser Failure system: In the event of large loads being channeled onto the rear stabiliser (the part that sits on the back) there are a number of deliberate bending and fracture points designed to relieve extreme loads that may ---be transmitted down the back.
- These include: - Deflection of foam tail - Grooves to allow deflection of support structure tip - Fracture area of support structure tip - Fracture of supporting members (also fracture if subject to side loads that could cause a large -rotation to the head).
- Collar Bone preservation 1: All parts in contact with the body use an expanded foam compound to distribute the impact force over the widest area yet remain light in weight.
- Collar Bone preservation 2: A continuous frame member runs over the shoulders – this means there are no weak points in a critical part of the frame and that there are no metal pins or screws sitting directly above the shoulders which -could be dislodged into the shoulders or collarbone during an accident.
- Choice of Strap Systems.
- The BNS is supplied with the X-Strap System which allows a small, light strap (worn over or under the jersey) to secure the device to the rider.
- The larger A-Strap assembly (included) provides a traditional chest strap for those who like to wear the protector tight to the body.
- Mounting points for accessories which also assist the integration of the BNS with your own Alpinestars accessories.
- Carbon Composite main frame gives highly rigid strength and ultra light weight load transfer performance for optimum protection.
- Light-weight EVA foam absorption pads prevent impact compression.
- Total weight: 850 grams
Alpinestars has always led the way with their neck supports but these new models set the bar incredibly high. They are available in two different materials, a high performance, ultra lightweight carbon polymer compound and a performance fiberglass resin. They are available in two size ranges. The first covers sizes XS-M and the second covers sizes L-XL. The sizes are customized using these interchangeable spacers. Unfasten these screws and the screws under this cover to switch out the spacers and change the size. The closure system is all new and allows the brace to be put on in fractions of a second. There are powerful magnets in the closure that line up the tabs automatically so there is no fumbling around. Releasing the unit is just as fluid. A gentle pull of this cord disengages the mechanism. This system is also much easier for emergency personnel to remove in the event of an injury. The brace can be completely removed with little manipulation, minimizing movement of the head and neck. The padding on the inside of the brace is fully removable and laminated in Lycra. The pads removability facilitates use of this neck support with any of the BNS compatible jackets or vest. Careful consideration was given to new helmet design when creating the shape of the neck supports. Alpinestars worked with top helmet manufactures like Shoei to make sure that their top of the line neck braces would complement the shell shapes of top of the line helmets.