Very nice looking boot, easy on and off with the velcro. Upon first inspection, they looked like they were a plastic or vinyl product. They also felt like vinyl and even smelled like vinyl. The manufacturer confirmed they were leather. Since they are water proof maybe they treat the leather with a coating. I have a EEE foot and are a little tight but not too tight and I figure they will break in a bit. They are a little stiff specially up at the top of the velcro flap, however I didn't get them for hiking but for riding. The water proof is a nice feature but then again I don't ride out in the rain, but sometimes get caught in it. My only concern is the breathability and if they will be too hot on a hot day. Riding season is just starting here and time will tell.
Alpinestars Ridge Waterproof Boots.
Alpinestars Ridge Boots Features
- Full-grained leather upper with lightweight fabric inserts
- Dual-density lateral and medial ankle cups
- Internal toe and heel counter are layered under the full-grained
- Midsole contours to the foot and features a structured high -,modulus shank reinforcement
- Waterproof, breathable Drystrar lining
- Removable anatomical footbed and multi-density EVA padding
- Alpinestars exclusive vulcanized rubber compound sole with unique side-wrapping design
- Double-width adjustable hook-and-loop straps for a secure closure and fit
- Hook-and-loop adjuster strap on the instep and Achilles flex zones provide superior comfort
Alpinestars Ridge Boots Sizing
How To Measure for Alpinestars Boots and Shoes
- Order in accordance with your normal shoe size
- Refer to the conversion chart below to convert from US to Euro sizes
Most Helpful Reviews :
Limited sizes made it hard for a fit. Way too narrow so I had to return. One particular note is that sole seems cheap and very thin.
I was a little concerned as I usualll wear 12EE or 12 4E shoes , but these are very comfortable and of good quality. Very comfortable for wide feet.
Very comfortable. Velcro patches hold the upper to the rear of the boot. The boots are very comfortable to wear and are also very weather proof. Highly reccomend.
No more! I got tried of the traditional motorcycle boot and my feet getting soaked. I bought these boots, they fit right to your foot, true to size on my foot. Love the Velcro strap, it helps loosen the boot and tighten it when needed.
They're COMPLETELY waterproof, and not too stiff either. I could walk around in these no problem! Good priced too! Size fits to your foot exactly, so you don't have to worry about getting the wrong size! :)
These boots are wonderful. kept my feet dry during a rainy ride that was 400+ miles long.