I'll do my best to be brief (not really in my skill-set):
1) They fit true to size re: length.
2) They are a slightly narrow fit, more European than American (but not as narrow-fitting as Sidi boots). You're feet definitely won't be "slopping around" in these.
3) They are very comfortable, just like my pair of the original version of the Alpinestars S-MX boots. I am assuming that they'll hold up just as well (I still have those boots).
4) I have not worn them in the rain but they have a gusset behind the zipper and velcro closure so I'm sure they'll be great in the wet.
5) The soles give great grip on the pegs and are good when you've got to put your feet on the pavement.
6) These have almost as much protection as a full-on race boot with the exception of hard armor all the up the rear of the boots or the sides, but far better than the majority of street boots (they also don't have a calf slider). On this note, you could definitely use these for track days and racing.
These are great boots and this is a great price for this level of protection and quality.
Alpinestars S-MX 5 Boots Black WP.
Alpinestars S-MX 5 Boots Features
- Get all-around protection and performance
- Durable, high-tech microfiber upper offers a high-level of flexibility
- Double-injected PU shields the skin, ankle, toe and heel from impact while keeping abrasion minimal
- Inner features a double-injected panel that connects to the heel counter, is hidden beneath the outer shell and runs up the outer ankle
- Polymide lining is quick drying and also laminated with open-cell foam and high-density, contoured padding for impact absorption in the foot area
- Innovative air vents at the ankle, heel and forefoot are covered with a specially designed mesh that allows the rider's foot to breathe while keeping moisture out
- Large "throat" profile and Achilles flex bellows deliver optimal flex and comfort
- MTP mesh linerworks with the anatomical, removable PU foam foot bed to keep the foot cool and comfortable
- Inner side entry system features an elastic mounted zipper with an extra-wide hook-and-loop flap to deliver a comfortable and custom fit along with a wide opening for easy access
- Exclusive compound rubber sole uses structured shank reinforcement for added support to the arch area
- Interchangeable, bi-injected PU toe slider included with snap-in assembly
- Waterproof boot features a waterproof inner liner to keep feet dry in wet weather
Alpinestars S-MX 5 Boots Sizing
How To Measure for Alpinestars Boots and Shoes
- Order in accordance with your normal shoe size
- Refer to the conversion chart below to convert from US to Euro sizes