Alpinestars Valparaiso Drystar Jacket.
The Alpinestars Valparaiso Drystar Jacket is arguably the most versatile adventure touring motorcycle jacket on the market. This Alpinestars jacket can be worn in a variety of different situations and can adapt to whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at you when you go out on your adventure. This motorcycle jacket will keep you warm on cold days, dry on rainy days and cool on hot days, so what more can you ask for from an adventure touring motorcycle jacket?
Alpinestars Valparaiso Jacket Features
- Multi-material main shell construction with abrasion and tear-resistant panels.
- Removable and interchangeable waterproof and breathable DRYSTAR® full liner with taped seams.
- Long sleeve thermal liner. Thermal liner is ‘sonic quilted’ for improved insulation performance and reduced material volume.
- Sleeves cuffs include Velcro® closure tab as well as open mesh gusset. Sleeves are removable for hot climate riding.
- Featuring Jet Ventilation System (JVS) large zippered air intakes for cooling performance.
- Removable CE-certified Bio-Armor shoulder and elbow protection.
- Chest and back pad compartments with PE padding (Alpinestars Bionic chest pads and Back Armor available as accessory upgrade).
- Anatomical, pre-curved sleeve design incorporate Velcro® volume control adjustment straps.
- Increased reflective detailing and logos.
- Accordion stretch inserts on shoulders and elbows.
- Waist adjustment belt.
- Elongated rear profiling for comfort.
- Two chest front water resistant zips and one internal waterproof wallet pocket.
- Convenient storage options with two front cargo style pockets and large rear utility pocket.
- Premium YKK zippers with twin sliders on front zipper. Internal waist connection zippers for attachment to Alpinestars riding pants.
Alpinestars Valparaiso Jacket Sizing
How To Measure for Alpinestars Mens Jackets
- Note :Alpinestars sizes are available in Euro sizing only, use the chart below to convert your standard US size to Euro
- Chest: Measure around the fullest part, under the armpits, keeping the tape horizontal
- Arm Length: Measure from shoulder (Humenus) to wrist
- Waist: Measure around the natural waist line, inline with the navel, keeping the tape horizontal
The Valparaiso jacket and pants are part of Alpinestars Tech-Touring line and are constructed using a multitude of textile materials. They are available in sizes small through 4x and come in three color ways including gray,blue,red, and sand, this light gray,dark gray,and black, and an all-black version. The jacket features abrasion and tear resistant panels and has numerous points of adjustability including waist and arm belts and a pull cord at the waist. There are flex areas in the elbows and shoulders to increase comfort and reduce fatigue. The main closure features a two way YKK zipper and the balance of the shell’s zippers are all water resistant. The front of the shell features four pockets and two large vents. The upper pocket is water resistant and the zipper is equipped with a retainer to keep it from creeping open and letting water in. The lower pocket has an over lapping flap system with a hook and loop closure for easy access. Above the pockets are these vents. These are part of what Alpinestars calls the Jet Ventilation System. You can open these up and fasten the cover flap out of the way to expose a highly breathable mesh panel. There is more ventilation to be found on the sleeves. This two way zipper allows for easy on and off and adjustment of the vent opening to optimize airflow. On the back of the shell you will find another component of the Jet Ventilation System. Unzipping this pocket exposes another large mesh panel designed to maximize airflow throughout the jacket on warm days. Near the bottom, you have another large pocket with a double flap hook and loop closure that is garnished with a reflective Alpinestars monogram. As you open up the jacket you find the Valparaiso’s waterproof pocket. This is a good place for your wallet or cell. The liners of this jacket are what set it apart amongst other touring or adventure jackets. This system allows this jacket to be used in almost any weather. The innermost liner is a sonic quilted full sleeve thermal liner for warmth and has a large pocket. To remove it, just unzip each side of the chest. The sleeves are held in with a loop and snap. The liner is then free from the rest of the jacket. Next you can see the Drystar waterproof breathable membrane. This membrane is Alpinestars’ design and lets water vapor out but does not allow water droplets in so you stay cool and dry. This liner features a water resistant pocket and is removed in the same manner as the thermal one. The zippers on the two liners are the same as well so you can use any combination of them depending on the weather conditions. Removing this liner exposes three additional pockets in the shell and the removable chest protection. Inside on the back, you can see the back pad and the full circumference zipper for attaching your riding pants to the jacket.
Allright, let’s take a look at these pants. The Valparaiso pants sport these very handy removable suspenders and feature the same durable materials and abrasion and tear resistant panels as the jacket. The thighs of the legs feature overlapping flap style closures on the pockets and these water resistant zippered vents. There are soft protective pads in the hips and CE approved armor in the knees. Similar to the jacket, the legs feature two way zippered gussets to promote easy on and off and airflow. The lower zipper pull tab is captured by this hook and loop adjuster and there are flex panels and high viz panels in the knees. On the back of the pant you can see more of the abrasion and tear resistant panels and the full circumference zipper for attaching the jacket. Inside the pants you can see the ¾ removable quilted thermal liner. This liner is easily removed by unzipping at the top and unsnapping just below the knee. To reduce bulk and promote mobility, the Drystar waterproof breathable membrane is fixed into the pants and is not removable.