LOVE THIS HELMET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Order arrived in 3 days and was excellant Helmet fits great and is extremely comfortable. I can't beleive how many vents this has.
GMax GM54S Modular Helmet.
Gmax has a unique modular helmet design with the Gmax Gm 54s modular helmet. This lid has a L.E.D. light system built into the back of the helmet. The light glows solid, blinks slowly, or blinks fast. Of course, you can keep it off as well. Gmax has one upped everyone by also selling an optional brake light kit that you can wire into the bike and have the L.E.D. on the helmet in unison with your brake lights. The 54s modular helmet has the GMAX D.E.V.S. exhaust system, side vents, SPC top vents, chin bar vents, and a removable chin curtain to give you complete control of the airflow in your helmet. The Gm 54s has also added an integrated internal sunshield to helmet to give you on the fly sun protection. The modular chin bar mechanism and inner sunshield lever makes this helmet glove friendly, smooth and functional. This helmet is ready for all types of riding. If you are thinking of a purchasing a modular helmet, the 54s is definitely worth a look.
GMax GM54S Helmet Features
GMAX leads the helmet industry with another innovative helmet, the 54S modular helmet with retractable sun shield, lightweight small shell design that sits down on your head and GMAX industry leading "No Bull Venting Design" all for a reasonable price!
- New inner flip tint sun lens.
- Inner flip shield is easily raised of lowered with a leverlocated on the exterior of the helmet.
- Distortion free clear single lens shield.
- New integrated multi-function red L.E.D rear light.
- Optional rear brake light kit available.
- One hand easy to use chin bar push to open mechanism.
- Lightweight D.O.T approved thermo-plastic alloy shell.
- Excellent shield sealing reduces unwanted air and noise.
- GMAX "D.E.V.S" adjustable "dual exhaust venting system",top, side, and rear venting reduces fogging and sweating by allowing hot air to escape from the mouth area and top of head.
- Adjustable chin vent directs air upward across the inside of theshield to help reduce or eliminate fogging.
- Large eye port for improved range of vision.
- Coolmax comfort liner and cheek pads move the moisture away from your body and the fabric dries quickly. The added performance keeps you dry and comfortable.
- Removable/washable interior and adjustable cheek pads allow for more comfortable sizing.
- Deluxe ear pockets for better fit and comfort.
- Built in speaker pockets for communication systems.
- Soft padded chin strap.
- Painted shell with high quality clear coat finish.
- Soft helmet bag included.
GMax GM54S Helmet Inner Shield Lens Removal
- Lower the inner shield by pushing the slider button located on the top of the helmet completely forward into the “service position”.
- The service position is achieved by pushing on the rearward part of the slider button and sliding it forward over and past the molded in channel that it rides in.
- When in the service position, the attachment arm that connect to the inner shield will be visible.
- Take a small, thin, round tool, and push on the attachment arm pin to disengage the arm from the inner shield.
- When the center attachment arm is free from the inner shield, grasp and pull straight out from the helmets eye port on each side of the inner shield to remove.
To install the outer shield: reverse the removal process.
Note: The sides of the inner shield are simply snapped into place. No tools are needed to remove or install.
GMax GM54S Helmet Outer Shield Lens Removal
- Raise the outer shield into the fully raised position.
- Locate the side ratchet plates that secure the shield to the helmet.
- Push down on the pin that locks the ratchet plate retaining arm into the secure position.
- As you push down on the pin, move the retaining arm on the ratchet plate on the open position. The shield will release from the ratchet plate when the retaining arm is in the open position.
To install the outer shield: reverse the removal process.
GMax GM54S Helmet Sizing
Helmet Sizing Information.We ask that you use the following information to help choose the proper size helmet. In order for a helmet to protect properly and be the most comfortable, it must be size to your head correctly.
To find the Correct size helmet for a person's head:
- Measure the head circumference one-inch above the eyebrows and ears
- Using the circumference measured, use the size chart below to find the approximate size
- Once you have tried on the helmet it should fell snug equally around the head. The helmet should not feel too tight or too loose at any point around head.
*** Please remember that all head shapes vary slightly and that this sizing chart is to be used as a starting guide, not an exact guide.
|53 - 54cm||21-1/4" - 21-5/8"||XS||6-3/4 - 6-7/8|
|55 - 56cm||22" - 22-7/16"||S||7 - 7-1/8|
|57 - 58cm||22-13/16" - 23-1/4"||M||7-1/4 - 7-3/8|
|59 - 60cm||23-5/8" - 24"||L||7-1/2 - 7-5/8|
|61 - 62cm||24-3/8" - 24-13/16"||XL||7-3/4 - 7-7/8|
|63 - 64cm||25-3/16" - 25-5/8"||XXL||8 - 8-1/8|
|65 - 66cm||26" - 26-3/8"||XXXL||8-1/4 - 8-3/8|
|67 - 68cm||26-1/2" - 26-5/8"||XXXXL|
You may hook up your helmet light to your brake light wirelessly. In order to do this, you must purchase the LED Brake Light Kit separately. The Light Kit pairs up similar to how Bluetooth pairing works. You can purchase brake light kits for the GM54, GM67 and the OF77 helmet models.
Most Helpful Reviews :
I purchased this helmet for my son as a concerned parent. He loves it, cool in warm weather, very light, the safety light is defiantly a eye catcher at night, very well made. He wears it all the time he is out and has gotten a lot of compliments on the safety light at night. Great customer service. Jafrum you have a earned a loyal customer.
Only had it a week so far but love it!!! Comfortable, easy to raise and lower, easy to clean. Now to get the brake light kit for it!!!
Excellent helmet. Even in Texas the excessive venting keeps me cool so far. The internal sunshade comes plenty far down so you don't notice a bottom edge. Came with the light and also a chin guard to block incoming wind for winter. I chose 2 sizes bigger than measured. I would suggest one size up. I had the Opportunity to try on a XL and it was too snug for me so i went XXL. Shipping was extremely fast.
Bought 2 GMax 54s, arrived in 2 days. One helmet had minor damage and the replacement part was sent out in a few days. Happy with the service I received, would buy from them again.
I belong to two ATV clubs here in the central/northern Calif in the Sierra Mountains. Two other members had this helmet and I also like the idea of the face shield / chin guard rising up out of the way. The helmet is very comfortable and easy to put on even with wearing glasses. It is a lot quieter than the 3/4 helmet that I used to use. My wife also feels that I am a lot safer with this new helmet. This service was great and I got help with the size being the size chart may not be correct. The shipping was very fast and I recieved the helmet on the day that they said. Hats off to you all.
really like this helmet. the blue tooth communication system fits in it nice . bought two of these helmets. will buy the same kind when we need to get replacements.
Helmet shipped quickly. Tracking was good. Undamaged on arrival. Sizing chart was right on. Love the helmet. Fits snug, but next size would be to big. Wind noise is no more than my old helmet. Love the features. Also bought brake light kit. Love the lighting feature. Everything works great.
I purchased this helmet as a back up and I wanted to try a modular helmet. I am very pleased with the turn around time for my order, the quality of the product and the value for my money. I would indeed purchase another GM54s.
its an excellent helmet in terms of size fitting, material used, protection and weight. i love it but the only setback is that during sped riding noise is relatively high.
Firstly Im a newbie rider and I thought that a modular helmet would be ideal since I wear glasses.The video helped immensely in my decision, and I was very satisfied with my choice.I opted for this model because i always choose the middle of the range variety, and of course ,you always get what you pay for. The material and construction feels well made, the ventilation works well, the paddings are very firm yet supportive, and the flip up mechanisms and slide controls feel sure and sturdy,not wobbly or cheap. It is quiet on the freeway.The price is very reasonable.The added feature of a flashing light is a safety bonus.I think I'll get one for the wife, but in pink
It is very comfortable and does not pass the noise although at the time of delivery I got a broken piece which raises and lowers the glasses but had to pass this transportation.
Love the inner sun shield and the 11 (yeah, 11) vents. The included chin shield blocks wind and noise. Scott must have sausage fingers, because I have no problem raising and lowering the inner sun shield with the outer clear visor in the full raised position.
Visited the Jafrum office in Charlotte, N.C. while visiting friends in nearby Denver, N.C. My wife and I tried on four or five different modular helmets that I had researched and that were sold by Jafrum and without a doubt, this helmet was the best fit, the best comfort, and looks good, too. We wanted modular helmets as we wanted to be able to lift the chin piece when we stopped for gas or whatever. I like that the clear visor lifts without having to lift the entire chin piece. A great feature. I also liked the drop down sun shade. This helmet has all you need in a DOT approved helmet. Plenty of vents for cooling. We currently ride with GMax 3/4 helmets, but our Blue Tooth comm system doesn't work very well even though it has noise cancelling microphones so we opted to go for the modular helmets in an effort to have better communication between rider and passenger.
This is the third gmax snowmobile helmet that I have owned. The gmax helmets I think are the best fitting helmets for snowmobiling. There is one very big issue that I had with this purchase, when I received this helmet there was no nose cup with this helmet. I do not know of any other snowmobile helmet that does not come without a nose cup. Also the lens that was on this helmet was a single layer shield and would FOG up very bad. I had two go out a buy another shield for this helmet.(double) When I was shopping for that other shield I did look at other gmax helmets and they all came with double layer shields. With me not being happy at all with this sale I will never buy one more helmet or anything else for you again.
Solid , quiet, fits nice, but don't like that you can't put sun shade down when shield is raised.(can't get to the button) Also the shield release on the chin doesn't release as nice as I would like.
Great helmet. Fits well and is very quiet. I really like the venting and the extra brake light.
Strait foward, simple and good for the price.
Nice helmet .It is confortable.the sun visor works pertty good and the protector down my face works so well in cold .
This helmet, meets and exceeds expectations. The dual visor works flawlessly. The wide array of vents allow for customization in any weather. I own two GMAX HELMETS and I doubt I'll ever buy a different brand.