Love the fit, the clear and dark lens are perfect for all day riding, the rear light is very visible, I would buy another one.
GMax GM54S Modular Helmet.
Gmax has a unique modular helmet design with the Gmax Gm 54s modular helmet. This lid has a L.E.D. light system built into the back of the helmet. The light glows solid, blinks slowly, or blinks fast. Of course, you can keep it off as well. Gmax has one upped everyone by also selling an optional brake light kit that you can wire into the bike and have the L.E.D. on the helmet in unison with your brake lights. The 54s modular helmet has the GMAX D.E.V.S. exhaust system, side vents, SPC top vents, chin bar vents, and a removable chin curtain to give you complete control of the airflow in your helmet. The Gm 54s has also added an integrated internal sunshield to helmet to give you on the fly sun protection. The modular chin bar mechanism and inner sunshield lever makes this helmet glove friendly, smooth and functional. This helmet is ready for all types of riding. If you are thinking of a purchasing a modular helmet, the 54s is definitely worth a look.
GMax GM54S Helmet Features
GMAX leads the helmet industry with another innovative helmet, the 54S modular helmet with retractable sun shield, lightweight small shell design that sits down on your head and GMAX industry leading "No Bull Venting Design" all for a reasonable price!
- New inner flip tint sun lens.
- Inner flip shield is easily raised of lowered with a leverlocated on the exterior of the helmet.
- Distortion free clear single lens shield.
- New integrated multi-function red L.E.D rear light.
- Optional rear brake light kit available.
- One hand easy to use chin bar push to open mechanism.
- Lightweight D.O.T approved thermo-plastic alloy shell.
- Excellent shield sealing reduces unwanted air and noise.
- GMAX "D.E.V.S" adjustable "dual exhaust venting system",top, side, and rear venting reduces fogging and sweating by allowing hot air to escape from the mouth area and top of head.
- Adjustable chin vent directs air upward across the inside of theshield to help reduce or eliminate fogging.
- Large eye port for improved range of vision.
- Coolmax comfort liner and cheek pads move the moisture away from your body and the fabric dries quickly. The added performance keeps you dry and comfortable.
- Removable/washable interior and adjustable cheek pads allow for more comfortable sizing.
- Deluxe ear pockets for better fit and comfort.
- Built in speaker pockets for communication systems.
- Soft padded chin strap.
- Painted shell with high quality clear coat finish.
- Soft helmet bag included.
GMax GM54S Helmet Inner Shield Lens Removal
- Lower the inner shield by pushing the slider button located on the top of the helmet completely forward into the “service position”.
- The service position is achieved by pushing on the rearward part of the slider button and sliding it forward over and past the molded in channel that it rides in.
- When in the service position, the attachment arm that connect to the inner shield will be visible.
- Take a small, thin, round tool, and push on the attachment arm pin to disengage the arm from the inner shield.
- When the center attachment arm is free from the inner shield, grasp and pull straight out from the helmets eye port on each side of the inner shield to remove.
To install the outer shield: reverse the removal process.
Note: The sides of the inner shield are simply snapped into place. No tools are needed to remove or install.
GMax GM54S Helmet Outer Shield Lens Removal
- Raise the outer shield into the fully raised position.
- Locate the side ratchet plates that secure the shield to the helmet.
- Push down on the pin that locks the ratchet plate retaining arm into the secure position.
- As you push down on the pin, move the retaining arm on the ratchet plate on the open position. The shield will release from the ratchet plate when the retaining arm is in the open position.
To install the outer shield: reverse the removal process.
GMax GM54S Helmet Sizing
Helmet Sizing Information.We ask that you use the following information to help choose the proper size helmet. In order for a helmet to protect properly and be the most comfortable, it must be size to your head correctly.
To find the Correct size helmet for a person's head:
- Measure the head circumference one-inch above the eyebrows and ears
- Using the circumference measured, use the size chart below to find the approximate size
- Once you have tried on the helmet it should fell snug equally around the head. The helmet should not feel too tight or too loose at any point around head.
*** Please remember that all head shapes vary slightly and that this sizing chart is to be used as a starting guide, not an exact guide.
|53 - 54cm||21-1/4" - 21-5/8"||XS||6-3/4 - 6-7/8|
|55 - 56cm||22" - 22-7/16"||S||7 - 7-1/8|
|57 - 58cm||22-13/16" - 23-1/4"||M||7-1/4 - 7-3/8|
|59 - 60cm||23-5/8" - 24"||L||7-1/2 - 7-5/8|
|61 - 62cm||24-3/8" - 24-13/16"||XL||7-3/4 - 7-7/8|
|63 - 64cm||25-3/16" - 25-5/8"||XXL||8 - 8-1/8|
|65 - 66cm||26" - 26-3/8"||XXXL||8-1/4 - 8-3/8|
|67 - 68cm||26-1/2" - 26-5/8"||XXXXL|
You may hook up your helmet light to your brake light wirelessly. In order to do this, you must purchase the LED Brake Light Kit separately. The Light Kit pairs up similar to how Bluetooth pairing works. You can purchase brake light kits for the GM54, GM67 and the OF77 helmet models.
Most Helpful Reviews :
Great helmet. Fits well and is very quiet. I really like the venting and the extra brake light.
Strait foward, simple and good for the price.
Nice helmet .It is confortable.the sun visor works pertty good and the protector down my face works so well in cold .
This helmet, meets and exceeds expectations. The dual visor works flawlessly. The wide array of vents allow for customization in any weather. I own two GMAX HELMETS and I doubt I'll ever buy a different brand.
For a relatively inexpensive helmet this is good quality. The modular mechanism is smooth and solid. The face sheild, which on my last 3 helmets was cheap and the travel was sloppy, is nice and snug at the bottom, but lifts easily when wanted. The several vents also allow you to let in just the air you want in the areas you want it. The inner sun lens is perfect for early morning or evening rides. You don't have to decide whether to wear your sunglasses or not. I have plenty of LEDs on my bike so visibility isn't an issue, but the built in light in the back is great for those that don't. That's a lot of features and a good quality helmet for the money. The only reason I rated it 4 is because I wear prescription glasses and the padding around the ears doesn't allow them to sit right.
Outstanding helmet, had to order one size up. Slight wind buffing from front shield, other than that great helmet. The vent system is good too. For the money you can not go wrong.
This is my first Modular Helmet and I am very satisfied with it. It fits good and the sunscreen is awesome. I have had several people ask where I got it and I tell them Jafrum!!!! Very good product for the price!!!
Great helmet for price. The helmet fits just right, and the flip down inner shade shield is easy to work. Helmet quality is better than I expected.
Measured head and used chart. 23" so I went with a medium. Got it quickly and found it fit great. Never thought I'd be excited about a helmet but it has tons of features and is very comfortable. Got white for visibility but am going to order a flat black one too. The slide down sunvisor is great too. Highly recommend it~
I purchased two of these helmets, one for me and one for my wife. I was concerned about sizing, given what some of the reviews said. We did the careful measurments, using the size chart provided here. I got a large and my wife ordered the small. When they arrived, the sizing seemed just about right. My helmet is very comfortable. I wear glasses, and it is nice to be able to open the front and put the helmet on without taking off my glasses. The fit is snug as it comes down over my ears, so it took a time or two before I could get it on without knocking my glasses off, but now it's all good. My wife's helmet seemed a little snug to her, although I can't imagine she would need a medium. At any rate, it turns out you can order different size cheek pads, so I ordered the medium size pads for her. They have arrived, but we haven't tried them yet. The pads come in 5cm increments, if I remember correctly. The clarity of the visor is outstanding. It makes me want to be really careful about not getting it scratched up. And the cloth bag that comes with the helmet is good for protecting it too. I haven't had much of a chance to use the drop down shaded visor, but it seems to be easy to access with a gloved hand, and it doesn't hit my glasses on the way down, so that's good. Overall, I'd say these are good quality helmets and the price is very competitive.
Comfortable, affordable and well made. I especially like the red lights on the rear of the helmets. Added safety with riding at night. Bought two and am very pleased
love the helmet. it fits me well. the chin bar works easily with one hand while wearing gloves. the flip down tinted lenses are great especially when riding at sunrise and sunset. the led lights on the back should help other drivers to see you better.
I just purchased a Can-Am Spyder and was looking for a quality helmet that would protect my head but I didn't want to spend a lot of money. I got this helmet and was impressed with the quality and features. The flip up face piece work great and the sun visor is great also. I order a medium after measuring my head(22 3/4") in accordance with the instructions and it seamed a little tight so I shipped it back and and exchanged it for a large and it fit much better. I would recommend going one size up from what size you come up with from the chart. It is not cheap to ship back. The exchange went ok. Took up to a week to get back because they were out of the flat black large, but they cane in within that day and shipped back quickly. Overall great helmet for the money.
My helmet arrived quickly and thanks to the sizing system fit perfectly. It's an awesome piece of gear. Thanks Jafum! Great gear at a great price
Received my helmet yesterday, fast shipping WOW!. Great fitting helmet, I was border line on my head size so I went one size up. I'm glad I did, fits perfect. Allot of helmet for a great price. Very little wind noise, I like the the face shield locks in place. It was in the 40s this am, the face shield did not fog up, great venting system. Very Happy with this lid, will highly recommended it.
Finally a helmet that fits, has visibility, and is affordable, good job to the engineering team on this one.
Purchased this helmet based on initially the flip up face piece since trying to talk/drink with full face helmet is difficult and tired of taking it off all the time. Great part is it has metal clasps so it wont be easy to break. Then reading reviews and the video had me sold! The helmet has built in sun glasses under neath with quick use of the slide. Vents galor keeps the helmet from fogging and getting stuffy. Best feature added was the LED light on the back of helmet which I have actually been complimented on saying the added visibility safer. The chin mesh cuts down on wind, and blue tooth ready flaps. Snap on chin strap no more loose ends. Comfortable and snug. Recommend this helmet to anyone.!!!
Lot's of vents for a more comfortable ride and are easy to open and close while riding. Good vision and the ear pockets are sweet, no more hot ears!!! The face piece locks solid and is easy to lift and the flashing rear mounted LED is a real bonus. Superb value for the money.
Being a new rider and looking for helmets on the net is not an easy task. I went to my local shops around town to try some on I found a few that I like but the prices where way out of my budget. After that doing more research I came across Jafrum and found the gmax gm54s. I have to say the video review and comments made me feel really good about shopping here. And having communicating with Jafrum for details about my order by phone and email I I have to say thanks guys your service is amazing Now helmet on and of we go riding Thanks guys for the great products and prices. l'll be shopping again soon and I think that a vest will be the next item.