Love the fit, the clear and dark lens are perfect for all day riding, the rear light is very visible, I would buy another one.
GMax GM54S Modular Helmet.
Gmax has a unique modular helmet design with the Gmax Gm 54s modular helmet. This lid has a L.E.D. light system built into the back of the helmet. The light glows solid, blinks slowly, or blinks fast. Of course, you can keep it off as well. Gmax has one upped everyone by also selling an optional brake light kit that you can wire into the bike and have the L.E.D. on the helmet in unison with your brake lights. The 54s modular helmet has the GMAX D.E.V.S. exhaust system, side vents, SPC top vents, chin bar vents, and a removable chin curtain to give you complete control of the airflow in your helmet. The Gm 54s has also added an integrated internal sunshield to helmet to give you on the fly sun protection. The modular chin bar mechanism and inner sunshield lever makes this helmet glove friendly, smooth and functional. This helmet is ready for all types of riding. If you are thinking of a purchasing a modular helmet, the 54s is definitely worth a look.
GMax GM54S Helmet Features
GMAX leads the helmet industry with another innovative helmet, the 54S modular helmet with retractable sun shield, lightweight small shell design that sits down on your head and GMAX industry leading "No Bull Venting Design" all for a reasonable price!
- New inner flip tint sun lens.
- Inner flip shield is easily raised of lowered with a leverlocated on the exterior of the helmet.
- Distortion free clear single lens shield.
- New integrated multi-function red L.E.D rear light.
- Optional rear brake light kit available.
- One hand easy to use chin bar push to open mechanism.
- Lightweight D.O.T approved thermo-plastic alloy shell.
- Excellent shield sealing reduces unwanted air and noise.
- GMAX "D.E.V.S" adjustable "dual exhaust venting system",top, side, and rear venting reduces fogging and sweating by allowing hot air to escape from the mouth area and top of head.
- Adjustable chin vent directs air upward across the inside of theshield to help reduce or eliminate fogging.
- Large eye port for improved range of vision.
- Coolmax comfort liner and cheek pads move the moisture away from your body and the fabric dries quickly. The added performance keeps you dry and comfortable.
- Removable/washable interior and adjustable cheek pads allow for more comfortable sizing.
- Deluxe ear pockets for better fit and comfort.
- Built in speaker pockets for communication systems.
- Soft padded chin strap.
- Painted shell with high quality clear coat finish.
- Soft helmet bag included.
GMax GM54S Helmet Inner Shield Lens Removal
- Lower the inner shield by pushing the slider button located on the top of the helmet completely forward into the “service position”.
- The service position is achieved by pushing on the rearward part of the slider button and sliding it forward over and past the molded in channel that it rides in.
- When in the service position, the attachment arm that connect to the inner shield will be visible.
- Take a small, thin, round tool, and push on the attachment arm pin to disengage the arm from the inner shield.
- When the center attachment arm is free from the inner shield, grasp and pull straight out from the helmets eye port on each side of the inner shield to remove.
To install the outer shield: reverse the removal process.
Note: The sides of the inner shield are simply snapped into place. No tools are needed to remove or install.
GMax GM54S Helmet Outer Shield Lens Removal
- Raise the outer shield into the fully raised position.
- Locate the side ratchet plates that secure the shield to the helmet.
- Push down on the pin that locks the ratchet plate retaining arm into the secure position.
- As you push down on the pin, move the retaining arm on the ratchet plate on the open position. The shield will release from the ratchet plate when the retaining arm is in the open position.
To install the outer shield: reverse the removal process.
GMax GM54S Helmet Sizing
Helmet Sizing Information.We ask that you use the following information to help choose the proper size helmet. In order for a helmet to protect properly and be the most comfortable, it must be size to your head correctly.
To find the Correct size helmet for a person's head:
- Measure the head circumference one-inch above the eyebrows and ears
- Using the circumference measured, use the size chart below to find the approximate size
- Once you have tried on the helmet it should fell snug equally around the head. The helmet should not feel too tight or too loose at any point around head.
*** Please remember that all head shapes vary slightly and that this sizing chart is to be used as a starting guide, not an exact guide.
|53 - 54cm||21-1/4" - 21-5/8"||XS||6-3/4 - 6-7/8|
|55 - 56cm||22" - 22-7/16"||S||7 - 7-1/8|
|57 - 58cm||22-13/16" - 23-1/4"||M||7-1/4 - 7-3/8|
|59 - 60cm||23-5/8" - 24"||L||7-1/2 - 7-5/8|
|61 - 62cm||24-3/8" - 24-13/16"||XL||7-3/4 - 7-7/8|
|63 - 64cm||25-3/16" - 25-5/8"||XXL||8 - 8-1/8|
|65 - 66cm||26" - 26-3/8"||XXXL||8-1/4 - 8-3/8|
|67 - 68cm||26-1/2" - 26-5/8"||XXXXL|
You may hook up your helmet light to your brake light wirelessly. In order to do this, you must purchase the LED Brake Light Kit separately. The Light Kit pairs up similar to how Bluetooth pairing works. You can purchase brake light kits for the GM54, GM67 and the OF77 helmet models.
Most Helpful Reviews :
I finally decided to try getting over my claustrophobia and try a full-face helmet. I love my Gmax 3/4 with the pull-down visor and the exterior sun screen. However, my eyes always watered (for days after a long ride) and my motorcycle has a lot of chrome on the gas tank that is almost blinding if the sun is high in the sky. I wanted another Gmax since I need an XS and my old one fit so well. I called Jafrum and they were very helpful and directed me toward this one. Ordered it on Thursday and got it on Saturday. I don't like that no one will let you test ride a helmet and let you return it if you don't like it, but I get it, I guess. Luckily, this helmet was near perfect. I really like the interior sunscreen. Cheek pads are a little snug, but I'm sure they'll compress somewhat after breaking it in. I was also worried about wind noise but it was not bad. My eyes did not water and no glare from the tank. After an hour or so, I got used to the closed-in feeling. Glad I made the leap and I really think I'll like this helmet.
I was impressed with the quality of this helmet and the many features. Great solid fit. Great value for the money.
PURCHASED THIS HELMET FOR MY LADY SHE LOVES THE DROP DOWN SUN SCREEN, I LIKED THE PRICE!! THEY HAVE REPLACEABLE PARTS!!
purchased this for my daughter, over all is a good helmet. Fits her good, she likes the internal sunglasses, i liked the light in the back but after using it one time it stopped working. Plan on taking a look and see if its just a battery, besides that its a good helmet for the price.
Nice helmet without the expensive price. Well built. A lot of vent holes. Fit perfect to my size.
Nice looking helmet. Lots of bells and whistles for the price. Will be buying one for my wife.
When my helmet arrived I noticed the box was wrong and upon opening it the box was correct and they had sent a GMax 54 instead of the GMax 67 I ordered. I loved the look and feel so I called Jafrum and after explaining the error I explained that I wanted to keep the GMax 54. It was no problem to pay the difference AND my honesty got me a VERY nice discount!
Great helmet. Fits well and is very quiet. I really like the venting and the extra brake light.
Strait foward, simple and good for the price.
Nice helmet .It is confortable.the sun visor works pertty good and the protector down my face works so well in cold .
Outstanding helmet, had to order one size up. Slight wind buffing from front shield, other than that great helmet. The vent system is good too. For the money you can not go wrong.
This is my first Modular Helmet and I am very satisfied with it. It fits good and the sunscreen is awesome. I have had several people ask where I got it and I tell them Jafrum!!!! Very good product for the price!!!
Great helmet for price. The helmet fits just right, and the flip down inner shade shield is easy to work. Helmet quality is better than I expected.
Measured head and used chart. 23" so I went with a medium. Got it quickly and found it fit great. Never thought I'd be excited about a helmet but it has tons of features and is very comfortable. Got white for visibility but am going to order a flat black one too. The slide down sunvisor is great too. Highly recommend it~
I purchased two of these helmets, one for me and one for my wife. I was concerned about sizing, given what some of the reviews said. We did the careful measurments, using the size chart provided here. I got a large and my wife ordered the small. When they arrived, the sizing seemed just about right. My helmet is very comfortable. I wear glasses, and it is nice to be able to open the front and put the helmet on without taking off my glasses. The fit is snug as it comes down over my ears, so it took a time or two before I could get it on without knocking my glasses off, but now it's all good. My wife's helmet seemed a little snug to her, although I can't imagine she would need a medium. At any rate, it turns out you can order different size cheek pads, so I ordered the medium size pads for her. They have arrived, but we haven't tried them yet. The pads come in 5cm increments, if I remember correctly. The clarity of the visor is outstanding. It makes me want to be really careful about not getting it scratched up. And the cloth bag that comes with the helmet is good for protecting it too. I haven't had much of a chance to use the drop down shaded visor, but it seems to be easy to access with a gloved hand, and it doesn't hit my glasses on the way down, so that's good. Overall, I'd say these are good quality helmets and the price is very competitive.
Comfortable, affordable and well made. I especially like the red lights on the rear of the helmets. Added safety with riding at night. Bought two and am very pleased
love the helmet. it fits me well. the chin bar works easily with one hand while wearing gloves. the flip down tinted lenses are great especially when riding at sunrise and sunset. the led lights on the back should help other drivers to see you better.
I just purchased a Can-Am Spyder and was looking for a quality helmet that would protect my head but I didn't want to spend a lot of money. I got this helmet and was impressed with the quality and features. The flip up face piece work great and the sun visor is great also. I order a medium after measuring my head(22 3/4") in accordance with the instructions and it seamed a little tight so I shipped it back and and exchanged it for a large and it fit much better. I would recommend going one size up from what size you come up with from the chart. It is not cheap to ship back. The exchange went ok. Took up to a week to get back because they were out of the flat black large, but they cane in within that day and shipped back quickly. Overall great helmet for the money.
My helmet arrived quickly and thanks to the sizing system fit perfectly. It's an awesome piece of gear. Thanks Jafum! Great gear at a great price