Have purchased 2 of these helmets. They are comfortable and stay cool in Arizona heat. Love the built in sun shade and the LED on the back of the helmet. I've owned modular helmets for years. They are a great design. Only negative on this helmet is that some of the plastic parts feel cheap, but the cost of the helmet is low. Definitely worth buying.
GMax GM54S Modular Helmet.
Gmax has a unique modular helmet design with the Gmax Gm 54s modular helmet. This lid has a L.E.D. light system built into the back of the helmet. The light glows solid, blinks slowly, or blinks fast. Of course, you can keep it off as well. Gmax has one upped everyone by also selling an optional brake light kit that you can wire into the bike and have the L.E.D. on the helmet in unison with your brake lights. The 54s modular helmet has the GMAX D.E.V.S. exhaust system, side vents, SPC top vents, chin bar vents, and a removable chin curtain to give you complete control of the airflow in your helmet. The Gm 54s has also added an integrated internal sunshield to helmet to give you on the fly sun protection. The modular chin bar mechanism and inner sunshield lever makes this helmet glove friendly, smooth and functional. This helmet is ready for all types of riding. If you are thinking of a purchasing a modular helmet, the 54s is definitely worth a look.
GMax GM54S Helmet Features
GMAX leads the helmet industry with another innovative helmet, the 54S modular helmet with retractable sun shield, lightweight small shell design that sits down on your head and GMAX industry leading "No Bull Venting Design" all for a reasonable price!
- New inner flip tint sun lens.
- Inner flip shield is easily raised of lowered with a leverlocated on the exterior of the helmet.
- Distortion free clear single lens shield.
- New integrated multi-function red L.E.D rear light.
- Optional rear brake light kit available.
- One hand easy to use chin bar push to open mechanism.
- Lightweight D.O.T approved thermo-plastic alloy shell.
- Excellent shield sealing reduces unwanted air and noise.
- GMAX "D.E.V.S" adjustable "dual exhaust venting system",top, side, and rear venting reduces fogging and sweating by allowing hot air to escape from the mouth area and top of head.
- Adjustable chin vent directs air upward across the inside of theshield to help reduce or eliminate fogging.
- Large eye port for improved range of vision.
- Coolmax comfort liner and cheek pads move the moisture away from your body and the fabric dries quickly. The added performance keeps you dry and comfortable.
- Removable/washable interior and adjustable cheek pads allow for more comfortable sizing.
- Deluxe ear pockets for better fit and comfort.
- Built in speaker pockets for communication systems.
- Soft padded chin strap.
- Painted shell with high quality clear coat finish.
- Soft helmet bag included.
GMax GM54S Helmet Inner Shield Lens Removal
- Lower the inner shield by pushing the slider button located on the top of the helmet completely forward into the “service position”.
- The service position is achieved by pushing on the rearward part of the slider button and sliding it forward over and past the molded in channel that it rides in.
- When in the service position, the attachment arm that connect to the inner shield will be visible.
- Take a small, thin, round tool, and push on the attachment arm pin to disengage the arm from the inner shield.
- When the center attachment arm is free from the inner shield, grasp and pull straight out from the helmets eye port on each side of the inner shield to remove.
To install the outer shield: reverse the removal process.
Note: The sides of the inner shield are simply snapped into place. No tools are needed to remove or install.
GMax GM54S Helmet Outer Shield Lens Removal
- Raise the outer shield into the fully raised position.
- Locate the side ratchet plates that secure the shield to the helmet.
- Push down on the pin that locks the ratchet plate retaining arm into the secure position.
- As you push down on the pin, move the retaining arm on the ratchet plate on the open position. The shield will release from the ratchet plate when the retaining arm is in the open position.
To install the outer shield: reverse the removal process.
GMax GM54S Helmet Sizing
Helmet Sizing Information.We ask that you use the following information to help choose the proper size helmet. In order for a helmet to protect properly and be the most comfortable, it must be size to your head correctly.
To find the Correct size helmet for a person's head:
- Measure the head circumference one-inch above the eyebrows and ears
- Using the circumference measured, use the size chart below to find the approximate size
- Once you have tried on the helmet it should fell snug equally around the head. The helmet should not feel too tight or too loose at any point around head.
*** Please remember that all head shapes vary slightly and that this sizing chart is to be used as a starting guide, not an exact guide.
|53 - 54cm||21-1/4" - 21-5/8"||XS||6-3/4 - 6-7/8|
|55 - 56cm||22" - 22-7/16"||S||7 - 7-1/8|
|57 - 58cm||22-13/16" - 23-1/4"||M||7-1/4 - 7-3/8|
|59 - 60cm||23-5/8" - 24"||L||7-1/2 - 7-5/8|
|61 - 62cm||24-3/8" - 24-13/16"||XL||7-3/4 - 7-7/8|
|63 - 64cm||25-3/16" - 25-5/8"||XXL||8 - 8-1/8|
|65 - 66cm||26" - 26-3/8"||XXXL||8-1/4 - 8-3/8|
|67 - 68cm||26-1/2" - 26-5/8"||XXXXL|
You may hook up your helmet light to your brake light wirelessly. In order to do this, you must purchase the LED Brake Light Kit separately. The Light Kit pairs up similar to how Bluetooth pairing works. You can purchase brake light kits for the GM54, GM67 and the OF77 helmet models.
Most Helpful Reviews :
This helmet was purchased on a trip to the US from Indonesia, where the tropical sun can turn a modular helmet into an oven in no time flat. I've counted at least 16 vents that keep me cool when moving. It heats fast when stopped at a light but the easy-open chin latch makes that manageable. The easily deployed and retracted internal sun visor is also important. Good lid.
Helmet is comfortable. Visibility out clear and tinted visor is excellent. Great ventilation. I wear glasses and helmet was easy to place on and remove without removing my glasses. Wanted a product that would provide excellent protection for all 4 of my family members and I got it.
Ordered this helmet for my OL lady! The fit was great and comfortable! The only problem was the Left shield and sun visor was wavy and she had problems seeing through them!
PURCHASED THIS HELMET FOR MY LADY SHE LOVES THE DROP DOWN SUN SCREEN, I LIKED THE PRICE!! THEY HAVE REPLACEABLE PARTS!!
Nice helmet without the expensive price. Well built. A lot of vent holes. Fit perfect to my size.
I was impressed with the quality of this helmet and the many features. Great solid fit. Great value for the money.
purchased this for my daughter, over all is a good helmet. Fits her good, she likes the internal sunglasses, i liked the light in the back but after using it one time it stopped working. Plan on taking a look and see if its just a battery, besides that its a good helmet for the price.
When my helmet arrived I noticed the box was wrong and upon opening it the box was correct and they had sent a GMax 54 instead of the GMax 67 I ordered. I loved the look and feel so I called Jafrum and after explaining the error I explained that I wanted to keep the GMax 54. It was no problem to pay the difference AND my honesty got me a VERY nice discount!
This was a good buy for me. I have a big noggin and needed something that would fit it without feeling like my head was in a vice. It works well, reduces the noise levels greatly and I can wear my phone headphones with it on. On the downside it does fog up when I first put it on even with all the vents opened and it's a bit heavy. When mine starts to fog I open the primary visor just a crack and it goes away. I love the built in sun visor and the flashing light on back. Also if you are an occasional cigar smoker like me you can raise the entire front of it and smoke a cigar while still wearing helmet. Overall, this is a good buy and Jafrum shipped it quickly.
Being a new rider and looking for helmets on the net is not an easy task. I went to my local shops around town to try some on I found a few that I like but the prices where way out of my budget. After that doing more research I came across Jafrum and found the gmax gm54s. I have to say the video review and comments made me feel really good about shopping here. And having communicating with Jafrum for details about my order by phone and email I I have to say thanks guys your service is amazing Now helmet on and of we go riding Thanks guys for the great products and prices. l'll be shopping again soon and I think that a vest will be the next item.
I just received the Helmet and it lives up to the reviews. I also have an MX Gmax that I use for my sled and DRZ, and I like it more than my Klim helmet. I have a 22 3/4 in head but chose the L over the M. There are other posts recommending going up one size and I agree. A medium according to the sizing chart would have been too tight for me. I'm looking forward to using the helmet when the temp here in Wisconsin warms up.
This was a very good buy. I always get compliments from other riders asking about it. It is comfortable and the matte version looks great. It does seem to fog up when not going very fast
Great helmet, the best deal for the money, the delivery rate is surprising, very quality product. I will buy something else from you.
This was a great buy. Price was great... Fit was great... Shipping was fast... Helmet matches my bike color great... Pearl white... Helmet feels great with lots of air vents. I would recommend to a friend indeed.
Size chart was on the money. The helmet has lost of vents great for the summer. I have been wearing it this winter with on problems. I like the sun shade it also has a vent for shield to keep it from fogging. Over all this is a great helmet.
I wanted a modular helmet for riding in the cooler weather. After looking at a local shop I fell in love with the fit of the 54s, search the web and found the best price was here! The local store wanted $199 I picked it up shipped for $129. I have ridden all winter in Colorado with this helmet and love it. I have a full windshield and am able to ride with the front open and not get my head jerked around.
Outstanding helmet, had to order one size up. Slight wind buffing from front shield, other than that great helmet. The vent system is good too. For the money you can not go wrong.
This is my first Modular Helmet and I am very satisfied with it. It fits good and the sunscreen is awesome. I have had several people ask where I got it and I tell them Jafrum!!!! Very good product for the price!!!
Great helmet for price. The helmet fits just right, and the flip down inner shade shield is easy to work. Helmet quality is better than I expected.