I purchased this helmet last year for a bike trip but ordered a medium. I used it and liked all the functions in the helmet but it was tight. I think they run fairly close to others but maybe a little smaller. This spring I ordered the large and it is much better. I used the new helmet this weekend for a 3hr ride- as quiet as my solid icon, nice venting, the flip up works well and the sun visor drops low enough to cover. I still wear sun glasses as well but it's extra. My fiance received the medium and was very happy once figuring things out. A bit more expensive than others but less than many too. Overall great helmet and reasonable price.
HJC RPHA-Max Modular Helmet.
The HJC RPHA-Max helmet is the epitome of security and comfort. The shell is remarkably strong with its combination of carbon fiber, fiberglass, and other organic materials woven into the shell. Ventilation is on point with full front-to-back airflow and chinbar intake vent making the ride more comfortable on those hot and humid days. Also, take advantage of the one-touch integrated tinted shield that that deploys to three positions at the touch of the lever.
HJC RPHA-Max Helmet Features
- Advanced P.I.M. (premium integrated matrix) a composite of Carbon fiber, Fiberglass epoxy, Aramid epoxy, & Organic fibers resulting in a remarkably strong shell & extremely lightweight. Designed for superior fit & comfort using
- Single-Button One Handed Chin Bar/Face Shield Release
- HJC’s lightest modular helmet ever designed! Size Small weighs in at 1565 grams (± 45g)
- One-touch Integrated Sunshield: Three position adjustable Smoke Tinted Sunshield. Optional tinted Sunshields available. (HJ-V7)
- Extremely quiet helmet at even high speeds.
- Superior Fog Resistant Clear Pinlock® Max Vision shield comes complete with a Clear Pinlock® Insert
- RapidFire™ II shield replacement system: Simple and secure shield ratchet system provides ultra-quick, tool less removal and installation for efficient operation. (HJ-25)
- 2-Stage shield closure mechanism; Compresses shield into eye port gasket providing an extremely secure seal
- “ACS” Advanced channeling ventilation system
- Full Front to Back Airflow Flushes Heat & Humidity Up & Out
- Cool4ever™ interior: lightweight, moisture wicking, odor free and antibacterial, premium soft feel with ginkgo extract. innovative new fabric offers self-cooling properties, cooling faster then other major fabrics
- 5 year limited Warranty
- Meets or exceeds D.O.T. standards
Construction: Advanced P.I.M.
Weight: 3.55 lbs / 1610 grams (approx, based on size medium/large solid color)
HJC RPHA-Max Helmet Sizing
Wrap a tape measure horizontally around your forehead. Select the helmet that is the closest fit to that size. A helmet should fit snug on your head. If it moves while wearing, it is too large. If it is painful to wear, it is too small.
|54-55||6 3/4 - 6 7/8||21 1/4 - 21 5/8|
|55-56||6 7/8 - 7||21 5/8 - 22|
|57-58||7 1/8 - 7 1/4||22 1/2 - 22 7/8|
|58-59||7 1/4 - 7 3/8||22 7/8 - 23 1/4|
|60-61||7 1/2 - 7 5/8||23 5/8 - 24|
|62-63||7 3/4 - 7 7/8||24 3/8 - 24 3/4|
|64-65||8 - 8 1/8||25 1/4 - 25 5/8|
Most Helpful Reviews :
WOW !! I have to admit this helmet was worth every penny. And Jafrum had the best price, and it only took one day to get here. The helmet has lots of features that really make it the BEST helmet I;ve ever owned. It's the quietest modular I've ever worn, and it has very good ventilation, and living in the desert, that's important. The only complaint I have is the snap for the chin strap is covered by padding making it awkward to use. I love the release for the face shield, and it's auto lock. I found it very easy to add my blue tooth to it with no need to "modify" the helmet. Bottom line, I highly recommend this helmet, you won't be disappointed, it's very well made, and it looks great too.