Very satisfied with my purchase. Shipped quickly. More so than I expected. Packaged well. Will be a repeat customer.
HJC IS-17 Iron Man Helmet.
Officially Licensed Product
The HJC IS-17 Helmet is a motorcycle helmet designed to meet the needs of many riders. A cool feature on this helmet is the internal sun-visor that can be deployed quickly and easily even with gloves on. It also has the ACS (Advanced Channeling Ventilation System) which provides full front to back airflow which flushes heat and humidity up and out of the helmet therefore keeping your head cool on warm days.
HJC IS-17 Helmet Features
- Advanced Polycarbonate Compact Shell: Lightweight, superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology. Impact absorbing, multiple density EPS liner.
- One-Touch Integrated Smoke-Tinted SunShield (HJ-V7): Deploys quickly and easily even with gloves on. Three stage multiple positions with locking mechanism. Quick and easy removal and installation with optional tinted shields available. Patent Pending 11/335,8550
- Optically-superior Anti-scratch Pinlock® face shield (HJ-20M): New 3D design provides 95% U.V. protection, Anti-Scratch coating and can be upgraded with an optional Pinlock® insert for the ultimate Anti-Fog system (sold separately)
- RapidFire™ Shield Replacement System: Simple and secure shield ratchet system provides ultra-quick, tool-less removal and installation for efficient operation.
- 2-Stage shield closure system with one-touch center open/close shield locking system makes for an extremely tight and secure seal.
- “ACS” Advanced Channeling Ventilation System: Full front to back airflow flushes heat and humidity up and out.
- SuperCool® Interior: Anti-bacterial moisture-wicking fabric. Crown and cheek pads are fully removable and washable. Integrated air deflector included. All IS-17 cheek pad sizes are interchangeable
- Meets or Exceeds D.O.T. standards
HJC IS-17 Helmet Sizing
Wrap a tape measure horizontally around your forehead. Select the helmet that is the closest fit to that size. A helmet should fit snug on your head. If it moves while wearing, it is too large. If it is painful to wear, it is too small.
|51-52||6 3/8 - 6 1/2||20 - 20 1/2|
|53-54||6 5/8 - 6 3/4||20 7/8 - 21 1/4|
|55-56||6 7/8 - 7||21 5/8 - 22|
|57-58||7 1/8 - 7 1/4||22 1/2 - 22 7/8|
|59-60||7 3/8 - 7 1/2||23 1/4 - 23 5/8|
|61-62||7 5/8 - 7 3/4||24 - 24 3/8|
|63-64||7 7/8 - 8||24 3/4 - 25 1/4|
|65-66||8 1/8 - 8 1/4||25 5/8 - 26|
|67-68||8 3/8 - 8 1/2||26 3/8 - 26 3/4|
|69-70||8 3/4 - 8 3/4||27 1/4 - 27 5/8|
Most Helpful Reviews :
I love this helmet. I've been trying to ride my motorcycle on any chance I can get just because of it. I've also received a lot of compliments on it as well. I have never had any problems with any of my previous orders.
Overall, very nice helmet. Started out very tight at the cheeks but after a few days of wear the overly tight feel went away. Two weeks of wear and it fits perfectly. The size chart has me as a medium and that is what I got. Face shield works well, stays in detents. The tinted integrated shield is a great feature and works as advertised but it does add a very slight bit of distortion (not enough to be a problem, I use it all the time). Quiet/loud? I don't have anything to compare it to but it doesn't strike me as being particularly quiet, I wear ear plugs for highway riding. I like the graphics but they could cut back a little on the HJC logos.
Very comfortable and great looking helmet, great way to get heads turn. Yellow shield is very nice and make things brighter.