I absolutely love my purchase of the Vega Yellow Mesh Motorcycle Safety Vest MV91120. It was easy and delivery was quicker than expected. I ride more comfortable now without fear of getting hit by someone because they didn't see me especially at night while riding on the highway. It light and easy to don and very bright. Its a must have for motorcyclist who love themselves.
Vega Yellow Mesh Motorcycle Safety Vest.
Meets Requirements for US Military Base
- Safety Vest as required on military bases
- 2" Wide reflective striping on front and back
- Front Zip Pocket and Velcro Patch for ID Badge
- Elastic side drawstring adjustable waist
Please use a cloth tape measure to measure the circumference of your chest in inches. You can go up a size depending on how you wear the vest. Otherwise go with the chest measurement.
This comes in two sizes S and L. The size S is good for S, M and L
Choose L for XL, 2XL and 3XL
(Yes, L is not good for Large, choose S if you need a Large).
Most Helpful Reviews :
1. Built stronger than the typical 'construction worker' vest, should last through motorcycle wind. It has 2 layers to it, both mesh and didn't seem to hinder airflow at all.
2. Despite ordering the larger (L) of the two sizes, it is not oversized at all. I have a 48" chest, 6' and 250lbs (and a bit of stomach) and wanted something that had a bit of hang to it - not snug against my stomach. I traded out the included elastic side strings for longer non-elastic shoe laces to get more room around the midsection, worked great.
3. The chest pocket (not the ID pocket) is not large enough for today's smartphone (I have a Google Pixel)
4. Front zipper is stout.
5. Good amount of hi-viz silver on it compared to other vests.
6. The arm openings are good size and I had no problem getting in & out when layered over a mesh armored jacket.
I love the adjustable sides as it lends itself to fitting over a wide variety of jacket thicknesses. It's strong construction, non-flapping fit and double layer should make it last. That makes this vest a great deal!
I decided awhile back it was better to be visible than look cool on my bike. My old vest was accidentally melted on the pipes. After a month of looking in brick & mortar locations and online I finally settled on this one. It was heavier than I expected, fits as described and is exactly what I was looking for. I bought one for me and one for my husband. We are both very happy with the purchase. My old vest had a crotch strap, and I wasn't sure how this one would work without one but there was no blow back and the extended tail flap works very well. Absolutely recommend.
Very good fit and fast delivery. Excellent price too
very happy !!
Fantastic vest, just what I wanted. Great price.
I wanted a mesh vest to enhance my visibility but not take away from the ventilation qualities of my mesh jacket during summer riding. After reviewing several options, I went with this vest and am quite pleased with fit and quality of construction. The Hi-Viz yellow works well in the day time and there is ample reflective striping to keep you visible at night. The S-L fits fine over a large/extra large jacket with plenty of adjustment to spare and no flapping at speed.
It's really light and open. I can wear it on the warmest days without feeling any extra burden from additional clothing. I love the High-Viz color and the feeling of safety it gives me.
I usually take an XL on a safety vest since I wear it over my regular jacket. The size L as described worked fine.