AFX FX-39DS Hero Dual Sport Helmet
Ships Same Day
AFX FX-39DS Hero Dual Sport Helmet.
AFX FX-39 with its Aerodynamic shell design, is extremely lightweight. You will have better visibility through the optically correct, compound-curved shield while not worrying about the heat with its nine points of ventilation. This AFX helmet meets or exceeds both ECE 22.05 and DOT FMVSS-218 motorcycle helmet safety standards.
- An aerodynamic shell design constructed using an advanced lightweight composite poly-alloy
- A flip-up, flush-fit, quick-release, single-turn screw face shield with side covers. The shield itself is optically correct, compound-curved, scratch-resistant and protects against UV-rays
- There are several tinted shields available for this model
- Shield can be removed to allow open face riding or goggle use
- A helmet liner and cheek pads made with a hypoallergenic and anti-microbial nylon, all of which are removable and washable
- 9 points of ventilation with chin, side, forehead, top and rear vents
- Retention system is quick release with sewn on ECE logo
- Provides ample ear cavity space for speakers
- A clear coat finish to protect paint & graphics
- Comes with a Limited One Year Warranty
- This helmet model meets or exceeds both ECE 22.05 and DOT FMVSS-218 motorcycle helmet safety standards. Note FX-39DS big head sizing 3XL/4XL is DOT approved only.
- A large-size FX-39DS weighs 1.59 kg or 3.5 lbs
HOW TO DETERMINE YOUR CORRECT AFX HELMET SIZE.
1. MEASURE YOUR HEAD. Determine the circumference of the widest part of your head by using a flexible tape measure. Generally, the widest part of a person's head is the area 2.5 cm (1") above the eyes and ears. However, we suggest measuring at a few points both above and below that line to determine the greatest measurement before referring to our size tables. We also suggest testing the fit of a helmet one size smaller and one size larger then what the chart recommends. No helmet can provide protection if it's too uncomfortable to wear. If you would like further detailed instructions on how to determine your correct size please look at our AFX Helmet Fitting Guide.
|X-Small||54-55cm||6 3/4-6 7/8||21 1/4"-21 5/8"|
|Small||56-57cm||7-7 1/8||22"-22 7/16"|
|Medium||58-59cm||7 1/4-7 3/8||22 13/16"-23 1/4"|
|Large||60-61cm||7 1/2-7 5/8||23 5/8"-24"|
|X-Large||62-63cm||7 3/4-7 7/8||24 3/8"-24 13/46"|
|2X-Large||64-65cm||8-8 1/8||25 3/16"-25 5/8"|
|3X-Large||66-67cm||8 1/4-8 3/8||26"-26 3/8"|
|4X-Large||68-69cm||8 1/2-8 5/8||26 3/4"-27 1/8"|
Packed With Features At Great Price
Posted onI really like this helmet because of the premium features it offers at an entry-level price. It has a solid construction, tons of air vents is not heavy and looks great. I use it strictly dirt biking and it's performed very well for me so far. I'm very happy with my purchase and grateful to Jafrum for the detailed description and review the gave.
Solid Helmet For Around $100
Posted onI have a helmet for pretty much every type of riding now, as this is for riding my supermoto on the street. It works great, it's comfortable, and I like the fit. The restraint system is very convenient once you set the length of the strap. I am surprised how well this cuts through the wind with having a visor. As long you're looking straight ahead it's fine cruising at 60 mph on a sumo. I'd say the only negative is that it's pretty loud. Not a big deal for me since I wear ear plugs with this bike anyway. Combined with the mirror shield (extra), this helmet looks sweet.
Helmet Sizing is not accurate.
Posted onThis helmet runs big. I bought the XL and it was too big so I now have the LG and it fits perfect. I have a lot of experience with helmets /not my first rodeo.
Functional cheap helmet ! AFX FX-39DS
Posted onWas considering a DS type helmet. Had tried a more expensive one on that was pretty nice but didn't fit my oblong head. Bought this because of the low price and am satisfied. It fits my oblong head and seems functional. Wore it once on a 300 mi spring ride with significant wind. Bothered a little bit by strong cross winds that made the face shield vibrate and tended to push the helmet sidewise. Popping up shield to fist open position helped in cross wind. Face shield fully down in tail and head winds OK. Only real knock is the face shield doesn't fully retract like expensive versions. It is out of the field of view but visible when retracted. Since I ride with glasses and wrap around sun glasses over my glasses, the lack of a flip down sun shade doesn't bother me. I think this is a significant improvement in safety over what I had been using. I like the quick release strap. Might like a better DS helmet when I settle on what I prefer helmet-wise but meantime this was a good investment as an introduction to DS helmet style.
Excellent Adventure Helmet
Posted onFinally got to test ride my new helmet today. It was shipped rapidly, I just had no time. Fit: excellent, the cheekpads are a little snug for me though. Visor stays in position and the venting is EXCELLENT (over 100 F here today). Quick Release fastening is superb, even works well with gloves on. Try that with a D Ring helmet. I chose the Hi Viz yellow, and yes, it is vizable... for miles. Great helmet, Excellent service....
Dual Sport Motorcycle Helmet
Posted onThis is a great dual sport helmet, good fit and finish. I very happy I got it.
Dual Sport AFX-39 Helmet
Posted onThis is a great helmet and great fit for my XXL head. It is perfect while riding my KLR for on and off road uses.
Posted onExcellent value. Fits better than my expensive Arai helmet. No pressure point on the forehead.
AFX FX39 DS Helmet - Nice Helmets
Posted onThis is a great helmet. I can't wear most helmets because they all seem to put pressure on my forehead. I guess I have an oblong shaped head. This helmet is the first one I've come across that fit me and didn't cost like 500.00. I'm very pleased. I use it on my ATV/UTV. I can skip the goggles because of the built in face shield. I'm gonna get the tinted shield for those bright sun lit days. But you can wear sunglasses under the helmet too w/o problem.
AFX FX-39DS Helmet
Posted onThis is my 2nd one of these, as I was very impressed with the first one . Great fit and finish, with a comfortable interior. Quiet at normal highway speeds, with good ventilation. Overall excellent helmet at very reasonable price.