GMax GM54S Modular Helmet
Ships Same Day
- Waterproof and Zip-Out Insulated CE Armor Motorcycle PantsList Price $149.99 Sale Price $49.95Sale / Discount: $100.04 (66.70%)
- Black Mesh Motorcycle Jacket with Insulated Liner and CE ArmorList Price $139.99 Sale Price $69.95 Earn 3 Buck BackSale / Discount: $70.04 (50.03%)
GMax GM54S Modular Helmet.
Gmax has a unique modular helmet design with the Gmax Gm 54s modular helmet. This lid has a L.E.D. light system built into the back of the helmet. The light glows solid, blinks slowly, or blinks fast. Of course, you can keep it off as well. Gmax has one upped everyone by also selling an optional brake light kit that you can wire into the bike and have the L.E.D. on the helmet in unison with your brake lights. The 54s modular helmet has the GMAX D.E.V.S. exhaust system, side vents, SPC top vents, chin bar vents, and a removable chin curtain to give you complete control of the airflow in your helmet. The Gm 54s has also added an integrated internal sunshield to helmet to give you on the fly sun protection. The modular chin bar mechanism and inner sunshield lever makes this helmet glove friendly, smooth and functional. This helmet is ready for all types of riding. If you are thinking of a purchasing a modular helmet, the 54s is definitely worth a look.
GMAX leads the helmet industry with another innovative helmet, the 54S modular helmet with retractable sun shield, lightweight small shell design that sits down on your head and GMAX industry leading "No Bull Venting Design" all for a reasonable price!
- New inner flip tint sun lens.
- Inner flip shield is easily raised of lowered with a leverlocated on the exterior of the helmet.
- Distortion free clear single lens shield.
- New integrated multi-function red L.E.D rear light.
- Optional rear brake light kit available.
- One hand easy to use chin bar push to open mechanism.
- Lightweight D.O.T approved thermo-plastic alloy shell.
- Excellent shield sealing reduces unwanted air and noise.
- GMAX "D.E.V.S" adjustable "dual exhaust venting system",top, side, and rear venting reduces fogging and sweating by allowing hot air to escape from the mouth area and top of head.
- Adjustable chin vent directs air upward across the inside of theshield to help reduce or eliminate fogging.
- Large eye port for improved range of vision.
- Coolmax comfort liner and cheek pads move the moisture away from your body and the fabric dries quickly. The added performance keeps you dry and comfortable.
- Removable/washable interior and adjustable cheek pads allow for more comfortable sizing.
- Deluxe ear pockets for better fit and comfort.
- Built in speaker pockets for communication systems.
- Soft padded chin strap.
- Painted shell with high quality clear coat finish.
- Soft helmet bag included.
GMax GM54S Helmet Inner Shield Lens Removal
- Lower the inner shield by pushing the slider button located on the top of the helmet completely forward into the ?service position?.
- The service position is achieved by pushing on the rearward part of the slider button and sliding it forward over and past the molded in channel that it rides in.
- When in the service position, the attachment arm that connect to the inner shield will be visible.
- Take a small, thin, round tool, and push on the attachment arm pin to disengage the arm from the inner shield.
- When the center attachment arm is free from the inner shield, grasp and pull straight out from the helmets eye port on each side of the inner shield to remove.
To install the outer shield: reverse the removal process.
Note: The sides of the inner shield are simply snapped into place. No tools are needed to remove or install.
GMax GM54S Helmet Outer Shield Lens Removal
- Raise the outer shield into the fully raised position.
- Locate the side ratchet plates that secure the shield to the helmet.
- Push down on the pin that locks the ratchet plate retaining arm into the secure position.
- As you push down on the pin, move the retaining arm on the ratchet plate on the open position. The shield will release from the ratchet plate when the retaining arm is in the open position.
To install the outer shield: reverse the removal process.
Helmet Size Information.We ask that you use the following information to help choose the proper size helmet. In order for a helmet to protect properly and be the most comfortable, it must be size to your head correctly.
To find the Correct size helmet for a person's head:
- Measure the head circumference one-inch above the eyebrows and ears
- Using the circumference measured, use the size chart below to find the approximate size
- Once you have tried on the helmet it should fell snug equally around the head. The helmet should not feel too tight or too loose at any point around head.
*** Please remember that all head shapes vary slightly and that this sizing chart is to be used as a starting guide, not an exact guide.
|53 - 54cm||21-1/4" - 21-5/8"||XS||6-3/4 - 6-7/8|
|55 - 56cm||22" - 22-7/16"||S||7 - 7-1/8|
|57 - 58cm||22-13/16" - 23-1/4"||M||7-1/4 - 7-3/8|
|59 - 60cm||23-5/8" - 24"||L||7-1/2 - 7-5/8|
|61 - 62cm||24-3/8" - 24-13/16"||XL||7-3/4 - 7-7/8|
|63 - 64cm||25-3/16" - 25-5/8"||XXL||8 - 8-1/8|
|65 - 66cm||26" - 26-3/8"||XXXL||8-1/4 - 8-3/8|
|67 - 68cm||26-1/2" - 26-5/8"||XXXXL|
You may hook up your helmet light to your brake light wirelessly. In order to do this, you must purchase the LED Brake Light Kit separately. The Light Kit pairs up similar to how Bluetooth pairing works. You can purchase brake light kits for the GM54, GM67 and the OF77 helmet models.
Great Except For The Sunshield
Posted onBought this for a trip in the fall. Worked great, comfortable, good fit, love the light in the back. My only complaint is the sunshield release is in an awkward position and once it breaks thats it its over and the noise is irritating as all get out. A quick release would be the only other option I'd like on this as well as relocating the visor release.
Posted onThis is the first modular helmet I have owned. I works well, fits nice and is good quality which is good value for the price. This helmet seems to have good vents as I ride in the florida heat all day long and does not seem to bother me much as long as I am moving. I do need to lift the visor when stopped to get better air flow which is understandable and is the same with any helmet. I like the LED light in the back for safer night riding. I really like the modular design so I can get a drink without having to take the whole thing off. The retractable sun visor is a must for me now as I have had this feature on my last 3 helmets and I am so use to it I wouldn't go without. The vision field of this helmet is also very good from side to side. Now for some minor negatives. The sun visor seems to blur the vision when down all the way. Not sure if it is just oil or a film for the anti fog ability, but I intend to clean it real good and see if that can correct the problem. The nice thing about this sun visor is it can be placed at different levels rather than having to be either all up or down. I find that when I put it about 3/4 down I dont get the distortion of vision as bad. Also, although the chin strap is quite comfortable I really would prefer to have a quick click latch on the starp rather than the D latch. At least a little pull tab on the D ring to make loosening the strap easier. Not a huge deal, but would be a nice feature. Also the helmet is a little heavy but not uncomfortably. Won't take long to get used to. As others have said the position of the sun visor slide is on top of the helmet and when the modualr chin bar is in the up positon you can not access the slide to adjust the sun visor. Not a huge problem for me because if I am ever riding and put it up hte sun visor remains as eye protection, but you do have to remember to retract it first if you want it all up at the same time. Overall I am very happy with the helmet and as always, Jafrum shipping was extremely fast. Great helmet for the price. I give 4.5 stars, only taking off for the distortion of the sun visor.
Great commuter helmet!
Posted onI use this helmet to commute 25 miles to work. In the mornings its dark so the back light makes me more visible. I've had two people ask me at stop lights where I got it for just that reason. The drop down sun shade is great for the commute home. Vents keep the helmet comfortable even in the 100+ degree heat. Overall a great value at the price.
GMAX GM54S Modular Helmet Review
Posted onThis is my first helmet as a new rider and I have to say WOW, It met and exceeded my expectations, it feels very sturdy with good materials the LED light is a plus for added safety it keeps you very cool riding in hot weather with all the added vents and is very comfortable, If I have to I will buy another one in a heart beat.
GMax GM54S Modular Helmet Review
Posted onI havent wore the helmet on a ride yet but i did try it on and I ordered based off my hat number and it fits great is well built my only complaint so far is the band on top of the helmet that pushes the sun shade down is real weak
GMAX GM54s-w brake light
Posted onLove the Helmet, brake light feature is great. they offered matching accessories, website navaigation easy.
GMax GM54S Solid Helmet Review
Posted onThis is a good helmet. As mentioned before its tight in the cheek area,but the pads release after some wear and now it's comfortable. The speaker pockets are great.
GMax GM54S Helmet Review
Posted onVery impressed with the fit and fish. Pros: Very comfortable, ventilation is nicely adjustable. Sun shield works great. Visor optically good. LED is a nice bonus. Cons: A bit eavy, a bit noisy, a bit easy to fog if you don't crack the visor.
GMax 54 S Helmet Review
Posted onGreat helmet. I need a 3X and they are hard to find. This one fits perfect and has all the current features. I especially like the internal flip down sun shield. No more sun glasses inside the helmet. The service from jafrum and shipping was super. I'd buy another one.
High Value Helmet, Gmax GM54S
Posted onThis helmet is comfortable for my head shape and very well ventilated. The integrated sun shield is effective and can be placed in any position as opposed to helmets that only allow the shade to be either fully deployed or fully retracted. Overall I'm extremely satisfied with this purchase.