HJC FG-17 Valve Helmet.
The HJC FG-17 Helmet is a motorcycle helmet that gives you a lot of bang for your buck. It meets or exceeds SNELL/DOT standards and is a very lightweight and affordable option for you. It comes with the Rapid Fire II? shield replacement system that allows you the ability to switch between a tinted shield and a clear shield when riding from day into the night and also has the ?ACS? Advanced Channeling Ventilation which flushes heat and humidity up and out, thus keeping your head cooler on warm days.
HJC FG-17 Valve Helmet Features
- The race-ready helmet tested at Wind Tunnel Laboratory
- Advanced Kevlar and Fiberglass Matrix Composite Weave Shell: Lightweight,superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology
- For a perfect fit, FG-17 comes in 3 different shells: 1st shell for XS-S sizing,2nd for M-L sizing and 3rd for XL-3XL sizing
- All sizes of cheek pads are interchangeable in all helmet sizes
- SilverCool? Interior: Moisture-wicking and odor free liners with advancedanti-bacterial fabric
- Crown and cheek pads are fully removable and washable
- Superior Fog Resistant Clear Pinlock® Max Vision Shield (HJ-20M): New 3D designprovides 95% UV protection, anti scratch coating and is prepared for the ultimateanti-fog Pinlock insert (sold separately)
- Innovative Center shield locking mechanism for a balanced, ultra-secure seal.
- RapidFire? II Shield Replacement System: Quick, secure, tool-less removal andinstallation
- ?ACS? Advanced Channeling Ventilation System: Full front to back airflow flushesheat and humidity up and out
- Meets or exceeds both SNELL & D.O.T. standards
EXCEPTIONAL LIGHTWEIGHT HELMET
The FG-17 has 3 distinct shell sizes.
1st Shell XS thru SM 1520g (+/- 50g) 3.35lbs
2nd Shell MD thru LG 1580g (+/- 50g) 3.48lbs
3rd Shell XL thru 3XL 1600g (+/- 50g) 3.52lbs
Wrap a tape measure horizontally around your forehead. Select the helmet that is the closest fit to that size. A helmet should fit snug on your head. If it moves while wearing, it is too large. If it is painful to wear, it is too small
|XS||54-55||6 3/4 - 6 7/8||21 1/4 - 21 5/8|
|S||55-56||6 7/8 - 7||22 5/8 - 22|
|M||57-58||7 1/8 - 7 1/4||22 1/2 - 22 7/8|
|L||58-59||7 1/4 - 7 3/8||22 7/8 - 23 1/4|
|XL||60-61||7 1/2 - 7 5/8||23 5/8 - 24|
|2XL||62-63||7 3/4 - 7 7/8||24 3/8 - 24 3/4|
|3XL||64-65||8 - 8 1/8||25 1/4 - 25 5/8|
Posted onThis helmet is awesome. To me it fits true to size, which is tight but all helmets are tight before they get broken in. My favorite feature by far is the ability to add a pin lock shield- which I did. Last helmet was an AGV. Every time I stopped I had to flip the shield. I haven't raised the shield once. The pin lock definitely doesn't fog. It looks really nice too. I can't believe I got it for that price...anyway, it doesn't come with the pin lock insert unfortunately. It also doesn't come with a chin curtain. But for the price you can easily buy both of those accessories and still save $$$. I didn't opt for the chin curtain. I like the wind flow up through the bottom...it cools me off. Ventilation seems to be very good. I don't get hot with this on. It is noisy, but I don't mind the noise and you could wear earplugs if that's your thing.
HJC FG17 Banshee Review
Posted onThis helmet fits and looks good however once you hit the road the noise level is pretty loud past 70 mph. It has no chin curtain which it really could use because you get a significant amount of air coming in from below. Also the cheek pads get real close to your eyes when pulling it off. Maybe it's just the shape head but I've never had a helmet do this. The graphics are cool.
Posted onThe helmet is comfortable, with reasonable ventilation. Like the graphics, Only complaint is they do not make a dark/smokey face shield ( rather than clear one ) for this helmet. Unfortunately I did not realize this until after purchase.
Posted onGreat helmet. DOT & SNELL. Beautiful graphics. Relatively lightweight. Very little air noise. Red/Black is very hi-vis. You can't ask for more for the price.